SUMMARY

Aurora Rose Belmont was a young girl, a smart one at that. She was only fourteen but she felt like she was older than her own mother sometimes.

Living in the roughest parts of Chicago wasn't always easy, especially when her mom was hanging around the wrong crowd.

Eventually their lives start to get on track, but not without the struggle of trying to stay safe and maintain that steadiness.

While running from the demons in her mind and from her and her mother's past, staying on top of her school work, making sure that her mother doesn't go insane and making sure that she herself stays safe, Aurora felt like she was allowed to acknowledge that she wasn't a normal fourteen year old.

No matter how badly she wanted to be.

All of that goes down the drain when her mother is killed and Aurora finds out that she has five older siblings.

And she's getting sent to live with them.

She prays to God that things are normal, and that she can overcome these fears of everything around her.

But slowly she starts to realize that things aren't what they seem and some people around her don't have the best intentions.

This wasn't what she asked for, but it's what she got.

Before she even realizes it, she gets herself caught up in her family's dysfunctional lifestyle, which completely went against her desire to just continue a normal life.

But what she didn't know was that their dysfunctional was the normal she needed.