Chapter 6

Chapter 6

**

William

I was truly surprise when Sophia came into my office to apologise for her ignorance this morning. In business world, nobody cares about your feelings until they are getting some benefit in return. Maybe she came to apologise to me because of her fear in losing the job and she thought that if she apologised I would give her the job because of her action. I decided to put this theory to work.

"So you are saying to ease your guilt you came here to apologise?" I confirmed again.

She sighed and rolled her eyes this time, the blush that rose to her cheeks settling down as if repeating everything she says is absurd. I tightened my hold on her chin. She licked her lips before replying. "Yes, William. That's the reason. You don't have to repeat everything I say."

"I will repeat if I want to." I said, gruffly pulling her face closer to mine. I saw her gulp and her pupils dilate which caused my blood to follow south. I abruptly let her go, not understanding the feeling I get when she is near me. Slightly frustrated with my own thought, I turned around and continued. "Are you sure you didn't come here in hopes to apologise in return for the job?"

"Mr. Wilson," She addressed me formally, causing me to turn around in surprise and wonder, to see what else this woman has inside of her. Her voice turning from nervousness to firm within a second. "I did not come here to beg for this job by any means. My parents raised me with enough respect to not judge or make any snap judgment about anyone and I did that with you which made me feel bad. Not at first, but one of my dearest friend made me realise what I have forgotten and that I should not judge you as I don't know what have you been through which caused you to turn out to be the way you did. And when I did get that, I came to you. I have already accepted the fact that I have lost this job, but it was the least I could do since it was partly my mistake of not knowing everything about this company as I should have."

I was stunned. I don't know what I was more surprised about. The fact that she said the correct words by saying that I changed because it was true, or the fact that she was honest and not a power hungry girl who did this to get a job. This woman did not fail to amaze me and I would like to know till what extent she can go.

When I didn't say anything for a while she spoke again, but this time softly. "I am right, aren't I? Something did happen with you in the past which caused you to turn out be this cold with everyone?"

I looked away as I remembered the past and clenched my fist tightly in anger. "That is none of your business, Miss Bennett." I replied, coldly. "I accept your apology and apologise myself for my rude behavior earlier and false claims that I made right now that has offended you. It wasn't my intention, but I had to know."

"I understand. It's okay." Sophia said, giving me a small smile when I turned to face her. "I should leave now." She said and turned to leave.

When she almost reached the door, opened and was about to step out is when I stopped her. "I want you here on Wednesday to talk about your pay check and you will be starting from next week. Everything else will be mailed to you. Study the people who are in an important position here to avoid any mistake next time. I don't like ignorance." I ordered.

The slow smile that flashed across her face made my heart race and skips a beat in content which indicated that what I did was indeed correct. Her bright eyes and the glow on her face were impossible to hide which caused me to give her a small smile in return. And before I know, she was gone.

I sighed and fell back onto the couch. I rubbed my head as the pressure started to grow near the eyebrows. I needed a drink. Removing my phone, I called Jasper.