Chapter 34

Chapter 34

**

William

The next week passed the way we planned it to. Candice would drop by everyday and we would sit in my office and talk about our next move or plan to make Sophia jealous. During this time, occasionally, I would be busy in meetings when Candice would drop by, making us unable to meet. I used this to my advantage and asked Sophia to give my messages to Candice so that she gets time to brag about us to Sophia. Later, she would update me on Sophia's reaction. The best one so far was when Candice bragged about our first date. The look on Sophia's face clearly said that she wanted to kill her right there and then. My hopes grew stronger when I heard the reactions Sophia gave. When Candice wasn't here with me in the office, I would make Sophia sit with me and work so that I could see her face. She would walk with me to my meetings and yet I wouldn't talk to her. I was told to do that, not that I mind Sophia being next to me. All these instructions were given by Candice and that day wasn't long when I asked Candice to the Ball in front of Sophia.

I was sitting in my office when Candice barged in with Sophia hot on her heels.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Wilson, I asked her to wait outside, but she insisted on coming in." Sophia spoke in a hard voice as she glared at Candice. I had given her the instructions to not let anyone in until and unless it was very important.

"It's okay. You can leave now." I ordered, looking over at Sophia as Candice walked in and stood next to me.

Sophia reluctantly nodded and left, not before eyeing us. As soon as the door was half closed, Candice nudged me. She widens her eyes and jerked her head towards the door. Realising what she was implying, I opened my mouth and asked loudly so that Sophia could hear us too.

"Candice, what are you doing this Friday?" I asked loudly, looking at the door that was about to close.

"Nothing. Why?" Candice asked, sweetly.

"There is an important event on that day. I would like you to accompany me as my date." I said, noticing the shadow of Sophia from the gap of my office door.

"I would love to." Candice faked a squeal as if she was excited and wanted to hug me.

I notice the shadow disappear and looked towards Candice who was grinning at me. "It worked."

Later that day, Sophia completely ignored me. If I ask her to do something for me or ask her to bring me any file, she would grumble something under her breath and huff before going to the said work. I heard her mumble 'why don't you ask Candice to do it' under breath once. I couldn't stop the smirk that was threatening to break on my face. I was amused and happy to see her jealous. The plan was working.

During this time, it was difficult to handle my family. Ethan and Nathan had noticed my strange behaviour and they were somehow updated on the news of Candice. It did not take time for this news to spread through the whole Wilson family. Gwen and mom cornered me and demanded my answers on Sophia and Candice. I didn't tell them anything and just left them. It was difficult to scare everyone as they were already accustomed to my anger that had no effect on them. After a while of trying to pull answers from me, they gave up except Gwen and Ethan. They would still pester me from time to time. Ethan went as far as spying on me during the office hours and introduced himself to Candice once when he caught the both of us in my office, talking. I knew from that time that my family would never leave me alone, no matter what. And I was okay with that too.

The day of the ball was very uneventful until we reached the place where the event was held. The ball wasn't in our plan as Sophia wasn't going to be there. Our plan was to go to the ball, attend the party, talk to my business partners and make new partners. Jasper was attending the ball too and Candice decided that if she got bored with me, she would spend the rest of the evening with her brother, but none of that happened. Because what happened in the ball left me baffled and shocked. I could never forget that day.