Chapter 38

Chapter 38

**

William

Sitting on the bed, I glanced down at the phone that was sitting on the nightstand, while my head and heart tried to process all the truth that was spoken today. My whole body was stuck on the part where Sophia confessed to me. She loves me. Yet, some part of me was not ready to acknowledge it. I was still afraid that even after she told me she loves me, Sophia would leave me and I would get my heart broken. She drunk confessed me. I did not want to take that chance. I wasn't ready to. I decided that until Sophia doesn't confess to me in a sober state, I would pretend that I know nothing. For the other matters, I will make sure Sophia doesn't get hurt. It's about time I take some action.

**

Sunday went by in a blur and so did Monday morning. I had been going from meetings to meetings the whole morning, not getting a time to catch a break. Jonathan started his work from today. We met on Saturday and I told him about the offer which he agreed. He got emotional as he continuously thanked me and he was so grateful to have met Gwen too as this would not be possible without her help. We signed the contract after he came from school and began his work from then.

Sophia has been stealing glances at me whenever we were in the same room. I could see the questioning and confusion in her eyes, yet she hadn't approach me until the lunch break.

There was a knock on my door. I asked the person to let themselves in and wasn't surprised to see Sophia standing there looking nervous. She glanced around the room and settled her gaze at the window behind me.

"I need to talk to you." She spoke hesitantly. I gave her a blank stare and gestured for her to sit and speak. "I've been meaning to ask you-"

"Get to the point, Sophia." I demanded, cutting her off.

"Did I say something on Saturday?" She asked, getting straight to the point. I raised an eyebrow at her to elaborate. "I was drinking on Saturday and the next day I saw that we talked that night and I don't remember anything. It's just hazy to me. So I wanted to know if I did or said anything stupid that night."

"No. You said nothing which wasn't inappropriate. I wanted to speak to you regarding an office matter, but I learnt that you were drunk so we didn't talk much about that."

"I talked to you for 2 hours." She stated, giving me an unsure look.

"You slept on the phone and I was waiting." I lied.

"You were waiting?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"I was making sure you don't choke in your own vomit." I answered dryly.

Sophia rolled her eyes at me and sighed. "Okay. I was worried for saying something else."

I paused and leaned forward, looking straight into her eyes. "Is there anything you want to say?"

"N-No." She stammered. I looked at her for a while, her words flashing in my mind before nodding. "I'll go."

"Okay." I replied and watched her walk away. As soon as she was out of the room, I pulled my phone and called Jasper.

"William." He greeted.

"Do you have it?" I asked.

"I do. I have the names." He replied, his voice turning serious.

"You take the half and I'll take the other half. Send those names to me." I ordered.

"I'll mail it you." Jasper said, before he paused. "Are you sure?"