07: 21st Birthday Celebrations📮

"And you? When will you begin that long journey into yourself?"
- Rumi

Charmaine and I snuck out again for the 4th time this week. I was meeting up with Langa later on during the day.

We were currently at Cotton On after I had convinced dad to lend me his credit card so mom won't receive any bank notifications.

He's been really helping me on my journey to self-discovery and accepted all of my friends. The only thing that's left was for him to meet my friend, Langa which I'm sure he'll like.

There's only sixteen days left for school to open and were on to Term 2, it's been pretty hard avoiding Peter because he knew that I belonged to him during our holidays.

"So, how are things with Ghost guy?" She asked as she took a sip of her strawberry milkshake.

"Why Ghost guy though?" I asked as I sipped my black coffee.

"For starters, he ghosted you and secondly, I'm starting to think he doesn't exist."she said with her eyebrow raised.

"Trust me he does, he's just very busy at the moment" I said looking everywhere except for her her.

"I want to meet him one day. So tell me, how are things with you and Peter?" She asked.

"I've been ignoring him all these holidays and I don't know what I'll do when school opens. I think I want to end things with him" I said.

"If you want to, you should. How do you think your parents are going to take it?" She asked looking at a red spaghetti shaped dressed.

"Take it" I said

"Yes...how do you think they're going to take it?"she asked again.

I laughed at her cause I think she didn't get the message.

"I was saying, take the dress. And you do know that I don't really care what my parents think at the moment. I'm done with impressing them."

"Thanks, for the dress. I'm proud of you by the way, you're not the same girl you were 5 months ago Ada." She smiled.

"Let's go pay before I get all emotional" I said heading towards the cash desk.

We walked out of the shop and Charmaine told me that she has to go home before her mother comes back home. I checked the time only to find out that it was still 11:44am and Langa said we're going to meet at 13:00.

I decided to walk around the mall and maybe even watch a movie. I found a movie that starts at 12:00

Me: Can we meet at 14:00?

I didn't wait for his and I quickly made my way to the snack bar and I purchased gummy bears and a Coke

I sat right at the top and switched off my phone so I won't get any distractions. I picked a random horror movie based on the cover.

There was less then 15 people inside here which tells me something about my movie choice.

●○●○●○

I threw my litter in the trash can and made my towards the mall exit when I saw Peter and our 'friends'. I'm pretty sure they were on their way to 'Nerds R US' . I didn't want him to see me dressed like this because he would probably tell my mother.

I entered a random shoo and went to hide in an aisle filled with some plus size underwear.

I pretended to be looking at the price tags and some shoppers were giving me weird looks which resulted in me telling some of them off.