28: Skipped A Beat📮

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
-E.E Cummings

"Ada you can't keep on going on like this. You don't want to talk to anyone"

I was back in my old house just so I could be closer to the hospital. It hasn't even been two hours. I already called Zweli to come and pick me up.

They had to call my mother to come and discharge my from the hospital because I'm underage.

"Sweetie. How are you feeling? Please talk to me?" I couldn't look at my mother. I don't know how I felt, but the emotion that overpowered all of them was pity. She also doesn't deserve this. She deserves to know that the man she's spent most of her life with might not even love her.

I carried on eating my fruit salad. I went to James and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Now I'm starting to question if he even is Robert's son. A lot of things were running through my mind. We don't even know Robert's family. He said they all died in some terrible house fire and that's it. We haven't met them.

I put my hands inside my pockets and walked towards Zweli's van.

"Hello my baby" he said. I greeted him back and wore earphones to block out all the sounds around me. We arrived at his house and I exited and went upstairs to the room which was practically mine now.A few of my clothes were here.

Gogo had dropped of some resource packs at the hospital so I'm not too behind on school work. I love that woman to death and I miss her. I picked up my phone and dialled her number.

After two rings she picked up the phone.

"Hello"

"Mrs Mzobe"

"Sipho. It's you. I thought it's those insurance people" I laughed at this and instantly my mood was lifted.

"It's me Gogo. I miss you so much"

"You saw me yesterday. Did you finish isgwaqane. That will get you up and running"

"I did Gogo. Even though the nurses didn't want me to eat it."

"What do those ones know? They must come to me and I'll teach them how to take care of a patient" this statement was followed by the clicking of a tongue and I laughed again. Even though my grandmother was strict as hell, she still had a good sense of humour and I already miss her to death.

"I want to come back Gogo. I miss you and I miss school too. Mrs Sibiya will kill me, I missed my Maths test" I said as I started to panic.

"That one owes me R50 which I gave to her when there was no milk in her household. You'll write the test when you get back to school"

"Okay Gogo. I love you"

"I love you too nana. I'll come and see you tomorrow since its the weekend. I want to come to those scan what what too" After a few more minutes of talking I ended the call and went back downstairs.

"SURPRISE!"

There were so many people downstairs. My heart almost jumped out of the ribcage. I looked around and saw all of my friends.

Charmaine, Nathan, Langa, even Peter was here and a bunch of other kids I used to talk to from my old school.

I don't know when the people got here or how they got here quietly but I was glad that they were here. We didn't even spend much time in the house.

We were all assigned to different vehicles and we got in. I shared the car with Nathan, Langa, Charmaine and Andile. My usuals. I haven't been talking to them but I had to keep Langa updated on the baby's progress every now and then.