16: Overeating 📮

"I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone..."
― Charlotte Eriksson

Its been two weeks since the party and I don't remember anything that happened since that day. My mother was very angry with me when I came back, she hasn't give me the talk. Her business is growing pretty well. Today she is going to launch her business to Mrs Mpisane and hopefully they'll be able to do business together and move to a much bigger and better place.

I was doodling in my Math book while Mr Lancewood was explaining something about function and the parabola.

"Ada, care to tell us what is the range of this graph?" I shot my head up and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I bit my lips and luckily a guardian angel whispered the answer on my ear.

"In between the brackets sir, you'll put a 4 and an infinity sign" I said proudly. He wore a shocked expression on his face and just when I thought he was going to leave me, the man had another question to ask.

"Elaborate Ada, some people don't know. Right class?" Everyone agreed and some started to snicker.

"The parabola is positive" I said standing up as soon as the bell rang. I exhaled loudly and gave Nathan a quick kiss on the cheek.

"If you weren't there I swear he would have eaten me alive." I said packing my bags. Nathan laughed and I followed him out of class.

"Ada, wait" I turned around and saw Mr Lancewood seated on his desk.

"Sir?"

"Ada, I'm very concerned about your grades, your daydreaming has to stop. You've even stopped coming to class in the mornings. What's going on Ada?" he asked. I starred at the bald man in front of me who was wearing a purple tie with an orange shirt. Yuck.

"It's all good. I'll pay more attention" I said adjusting my backpack straps.

"Is that all?" I asked

"I may not be kind to you but it's tough love," he said offering me a warm smile.

"Look at your Grade 9 papers as inspiration. You were top of the class, if you carry on like this I'll have to move you to the Maths Lit class" he said as he shifted my past year papers towards me. I scanned through the papers and I didn't see anything below 90%. I took a deep breath and gave the man a soft nod.

"Thank you" I said as I walked out of class. Nathan was waiting for me next to the door.

"Are you good. I almost came in cause you were in there for quite a long time" he said.

"I was getting a pep talk" We exited the school premises since school was over and we all agreed on meeting at the mall for afternoon lunch.

"You should come to my party next weekend Ada, you got moves" Samkelo said as he gave me a pat on my back. Ever since the incident two weeks ago, I've been receiving invites from any one who got an upcoming party and compliments from my make out session in the middle of the dancefloor with some random guy. The events of the party still haven't replayed in my mind and I'm not really stressing over it, I did drink a lot after all.

"Samkelo, do you have a video?" I asked, stopping him before he exited the school gates.

"I'll wait for you in the car" Nathan said as he walked away.

"Sorry Ada, someone uploaded it on their Snapchat and it trended but someone must have filed some sort of complaint because it's nowhere to be found." After a long pause he continued,

"I could get it for you, just give me a month. It will come at a cost though" he said slyly.

"Just name the amount"