27: Where It All Began.📮

"Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you."
-Mooji

"Do I look okay?" I asked my grandmother for the hundredth time.

"Yoh hhayi. You look like a sack filled with potatoes"

"Gogo!!! You said I look fine" I said walking back into my room so I could change my outfit.

"Exactly. How many times should I say it so you can believe it? MaKhumalo and Bab'Mthethwa are not bad people."

"They didn't really leave a good first impression since they tried to kill me before I was even born" I said rolling my eyes, deciding to stick with my outfit.

"We're past that now my child. We must learn to forgive" she said. I walked back into my room and unplugged my phone from the charger.

"Are you sure you don't want to come Gogo?" I asked her for the millionth time.

She shook her head and continued to wash the samp in the kitchen. I heard the hoot of a car and bid Gogo farewell because it was Zweli.

I sat in the backseat and greeted him and Melinda who was seated on the front seat.

"How are you baby?" She asked.

"I'm great Mel. I'm just experiencing body aches at the moment" I said adjusting myself on the car seat.

"We have to get you someone who'll take care of that" she said taking out her iPad and making a note of it. I watched as she did all of this while Zweli kept quite. He was distant.

The Mthethwa household was not far away from ours since they also lived eNdwedwe. We arrived 10 minutes later. The house was humongous.

The gates slowly opened to reveal a two story house with three houses along side it and two rondevels. I exited the car and took my overnight bag.

The front yard was empty. I'm assuming everyone was inside the house.

"Baby, lead Siphokazi to our home. I'll be in the main house" he said. He kissed Mel's cheek and walked inside the biggest house in the yard.

"Come. I have to warn you though. Don't take what those people say to heart. I think when you have too much money, your IQ level drops"

I laughed at this as we headed towards their house. It was 2 houses away from the main house.

She opened the door and led me towards a cream room.

"This is a spare bedroom. Now it's your room. I'll take you shopping one day and you can buy anything you want so this room feels like...home?"

"I'd love that."

"I'll also use the other room for the baby" Mel tries very hard just so I don't feel left out. She always tries to invite me over when she's hosting small dinner parties or when she and Zweli go on holidays out of the country.

Sadly, I can't join them most of the time because I've been focusing on my studies and my unborn child. I haven't talked to my mother since the day of the party but I do want to make peace, I can't forgive her if she doesn't see the wrong in the lies that she's fed me all these years.

The house was very homey. I could tell that this was Mel's style, it had a touch of vintage to it.

There was a soft knock on the door. A girl who looked like she was in my age group walked in.

"Hey Aunty. Bab' Zweli said I should come and call you" she had shoulder length brown hair and she had my father's eyes. She was wearing a miniskirt and a white top with sneakers.