IV-Building A Trap

"Ji Li, are you still awake?" Xiao Zhan called Ji Li on his phone.

"I am! I'm not talking to you now if I'm asleep. Hehe!" Ji Li chuckled as he responds to Xiao Zhan in his meticulous reasoning.

"Aiya,  enough of your mordant sense of humor. Listen!" Xiao Zhan cleared his throat. "Ji Li, let's go out. I want to go to a nearby 24-hr convenience store."

"What?! But it's already late. It's almost midnight now." Ji Li doubtful with Xiao Zhans' will to go out.

"You don't want to go with me? I'll go myself then. Goodnite!" Xiao Zhan was about to hang up the call when Ji Li said. . .

"Okay I'll go with you but we will come back quickly, okay?" Xiao Zhan victoriously smiles.

"Okay, I'll wait for you in the living room. " Xiao Zhan then got down from his bed and took his jacket and cap, wore it, and switch off the lights. He walked towards the door of his room and gently turned the doorknob and pop out his head outside to see if there is someone present downstairs. When he thought that everyone is sleeping, he slowly and gently walked down the stairs to avoid making noise. He saw his bodyguard's room, totally dark which means he is already sleeping. "Hmm, let me see how good you are as a bodyguard." Xiao Zhan then tiptoed walking towards the sofa. A few minutes later he felt impatience as Ji Li hasn't come yet.

"Ji Li, where are you? What take you so long?" He called Ji Li on the phone and talked to him as it's almost a whisper not to create some noise that may wake up somebody and catch him sneaking out this late at night.

"Dad woke up! I'm getting out now told him I just want to go to the loo." Ji Li responds whispering on his phone. He is sharing a room with his Dad at the quarter separate from the big house.

"Okay, I'll be waiting here on the sofa in the living room." 

"No! You wait for me at the porch. It's troublesome to go to the living room as I have to open so many doors from the back. I just go by the garden then we meet at the porch." Ji Li told him how they're going to meet.

"Okay! Hurry up before anybody could notice us." Xiao Zhan then hanged up the call and find his sneakers at the shoe rack near their main door. He found it using the torch of his phone. He then walked towards the main door and about to hold the doorknob when...

"Where do you think you are going Mr. Xiao?" A deep voice came from darkness startled him. He turned around and wanted to see who it was then brightness flooded the living room. There he saw Wang Yibo standing next to the wall where the switch is holding his gun.

"Eeeyy! Hehehe! Mr. Wang Yibo, hi!" He waves his hand to him in a manner of being caught and the other hand gently dropped the sneakers he is holding from behind.

"You supposed to be sleeping now, right?" Wang Yibo asks as he slowly walked towards Xiao Zhans' direction.

Xiao Zhan recovered from being caught and stand firmly on his spot.

"And who do you think you are to question me that?" He asked back to Yibo smirking.

Wang Yibo continues walking towards him. "I'm your bodyguard. I have to look after your safety." He answered nonchalantly while his eyes intently looking at Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan moves backward from his spot felt uncomfortable with the intense gaze he is receiving from the man who is getting closer to him.

"If you think, I am like your previous bodyguards who you can easily fool. Well, I'm different Mr. Xiao Zhan." Xiao Zhan felt the authority on Wang Yibos' voice. But Xiao Zhan doesn't let himself get intimated with the guy in front of him.