7 / Fire

The sun was high up in the sky again indicating it is almost noon. It was very hot being about in the middle of July and the woods were very dry. The leaves falling from the trees can also crack with a hint of little force proving how hot the weather was.

"Wooyoung, give me your spec", Hyejoo ran to Wooyoung after realizing something. She never thought about it before but the dry weather made her realized something and she wanted to give her try.

"What for?", Wooyoung eye her up and down judgingly.

"Just give it to me damn it", she push him aside and take the spec that was lying across from him.

"Jeez! You could have asked nicely"

Hyejoo scoff at the unbelievable boy and left him to do god knows what. She had come across this when she watched one of those 5 minutes crafts in youtube and hope to make fire out of the glass' lens.

She set up a place to put the spec, which earn direct heat of the sun and position some dry leaves on the buttom.

"Please work please work please work!", she pleaded and intertwine both of her hands.

The heat was indeed making some smokes but fire never coming out. She waited the whole day again and the sun was about to set as she watch her work which seems to only produce a smoke while eating her fruits.

Wooyoung came looking for her after taking a nap the whole day and laugh at her once he found her state.

She was eagerly staring at the dry black leaves on the ground as the sun had finally betrayed her. Wooyoung came and pick up his specs and mock at her. "I will be taking this back, thank you for letting it photosynthesized"

Hyejoo roll her eyes at him once again and grab the spec that he took back.

"I'm using this again tomorrow, what if we manage to produce fire? Its for the both of us", for once she seems to be saying something which doesnt came out as teasing and Wooyoung stiffened. He was definitely not used to her serious gaze.

"But you will break them!", Wooyoung lowly whisper and pout a little bit. For someone with a beard that started to grow longer each day, acting cute a huge 'NO'.

"There is no one to seduce in the island, stop being a dick and make yourself useful", Hyejoo snapped making Wooyoung gasp and widened his eyes in horror.

"Its not for styling missy! My eyes is poor okay, I need them for READING, not to seduce some flies around here".

As much as Wooyoung is acting intimidating and angry, Hyejoo cant hold her muffle and laugh out loudly.
After a few minutes of clutching her stomach and laughing at him, she stop and turn serious again.

"And is there anything to read in this island?".

Dang! He hate her so much at this rate. Whatever excuses he came up with, she always have double the reason to pull him down.

"Fine! Here have it! Its aaaaall your's", he stomp off and went back to take a nap again.

"Are you sleeping now?", Hyejoo ask him in disbelieve.

"Yeah why? You have any reason on why I shouldnt get my beauty sleep again?"

She sigh and turn her body fully at him.

"How old are you?", it was a serious question and Hyejoo grew nervous, what if she was actually stuck with some 12 years old boy in a 20 years old body, she would rather jump off the cliff.

"Dont try me, I'm older than you!", he glare at her and fold his arm.

"I dont think so Wooyoung. From what I see you're probably 5"

"Ha Ha very funny, then how the heck do I have a fully grown penny size?"

Hyejoo choke on her saliva and she gasp for air. 'What the hell was that comeback?', she couldnt stop coughing and drink some water.

"I'm serious, how old are you?", she ask again.

"3 months older than you", Wooyoung look away while folding his arms.

"How do you know that I am 3 months younger? Hmm?", she couldnt help but think he was still joking but he seems rather serious.

"Its not difficult to know when you appear in every front page of all the South Korea's magazine"

"So you're 21 too?, Hyejoo open her mouth and nod in shocked. So he did read some newspapers.

"You must have probably made it the magazines too right", she cheered a little knowing he was pretty famous like he said since she didnt know anything about celeb world, she just knew bussiness and thats all.

"Yeah I did! And I'm guessing you dont see me atleast once?"

"Sorry, I dont take much interest in the teenagers page and just look through the first page of political debates", Hyejoo shrugged her shoulders.

"That explains why you're always so grumpy"