29 / Believe

The sound of the helicopter in the sky and the wind rushing from left to right filled the area as people look down from it with telescope and some jump down with a rope and guns on their hands.

They started securing the area and ran around everywhere but no human figure could be seen except for some shelter.

They can tell someone was there before they arrived but they cant find anyone until they heard a shout from the bottom of the forest.

Everyone gathered there and see a small hut and few metres away, they see a dead body of an ugly creatures killed visibly by a man.

They call it a day and head back to the helicopter before flying back in their quarter.

"Any hit?"

"One dead body of an ugly beast and some footprints of a human"

"They must have left the forest and are nearby. Search the Hakati village next"

"Yes Sir!"

The sun peak up behind the mountain as the old man woke up first. He sigh and look at their poor state but didnt even have any foods to give them. He start his engine and drove off. Maybe if they were right, bringing them home fastly was what he could do the best for them.

Wooyoung woke up at the moving of the truck and keep the man company with speeches again before the other two wake up.

"How long did you and your wife have been together"

The man smile at the memory, "its going to be our 25th anniversary in a few weeks. And I wish for her to be better before that"

Wooyoung admire how good of a man he was and how much he must have love his wife.

"And your daughter?"

"She is also turning fifteen. A late gift we received from God. We dont think we would ever bear a child again but after ten years of our marriage, she is born with the cutiest and tinest fingers ever". The man was genuinely happy at the thought of his small family.

"I envy you so much", Wooyoung whisper but the man heard him.

"Why would you envy me? I have no money to even keep them happy and healthy. I'm such a failure husband and a father"

"No you are not sir. You are the braviest and the most worthy husband and a father I have ever seen. I just wish sometimes my dad at least cares about me half the way you did for your family"

He was not someone who is very open but he feels like he needed to let it out as well. Hyejoo was already awake but close her eyes and listen to their conversation. She wanted to tell Wooyoung that everything will be okay but she chose to not interupt. She also wanted that her parents would care about her choice of living and comfort as well.

A few hours later about noon into the day, they ran pass one house followed by two and three. Happiness rush through their heart and faces before holding each other's hand.

"We will reach Seoul by the afternoon"

That was everything they needed to hear. They were hungry but the thought of home was so strong that hunger did not have a place in their worry list anymore.

More houses appear as people started to appear. They decided to use the public rest room before continuing and park the truck on the road side.

After cleaning and freshening herself, Hyejoo came out and look around. She wanted to ask for a cell phone of anyone who will he willing enough to let her use them.

But the people she sees so far were old people who did not own a phone. Maybe luck was not on her side as the place they rest have few people passing by.

For what feels like forever she saw a young boy with the cell phone that she had been waiting for. Without wasting a time, she ran startling the boy but before he could ran away. Hyejoo beg like crazy and ask to use his phone.

In the end the boy allowed her but only for a minute and she thank him.

She dial the number which belongs to their home adress and rang but no one picked up. She didnt remember anyone else's number so she continue dialing until the boy reminded that her time was up.

But before hanging up, she left a voice message,
     "Mom! Dad! Its me. I...I dont know
       what to say, I miss you both so much
       and that I love you two with all my
       heart! I'm coming home so wait for
       me. I dont have much time and if you
       see this message, please I want you to
       believe me on whatever I will be telling
       you when I come home. Bye"

She saw that the three men came out of the rest room and she ran off towards them with the relieve heart like never before.

She was finally coming home.