20 / Working

Day-100

The people of the Island were nothing but good to them. It was as if they handle them like a piece of glass.

But a doubt never left Hyejoo as she kept her eyes and ears wide open unlike Wooyoung who seems to be overwhelm by the people or we could say the daughter of their chief.

She was probably the most beautiful girl in the Island by the way everyone admired her. And Wooyoung was pushed to entertain her everyday. He didnt like it at first but was used to it by now.

Hyejoo was beyond annoyed and no she isnt jealous because she didnt even know if she like him but the fact that the Islander keep whispering about something was starting to annoy her.

And then there was a boy, probably a few years younger than them that keeps an eye on Wooyoung everytime he went to entertain the daughter of the chief. And by entertain, it means he was singing and performing for her, along with the chief family but mostly for the daughter and Hyejoo didnt understand that.

She had made an eye contact once with the little boy but he look around in alarm and ran away before she could even speak to him.

It had been one week since they were rescued from the other Island but in her condition, she prefer the one with the beast because at least she have Wooyoung on her side there.

"You are back early today!", she exclaimed to Wooyoung as soon as he enter the hut.

He lazily walk up to her and hug which caught the girl off guard.

"They were tired so they let me off early", he mumble and breathe inaudibly in the girl's shoulder.

"You are the tired one Wooyoung. Do you really have to do all these?", there was a hint of dissapointment and pleading in her ears.

"We couldnt live for free unless we want to get back to that Island. We have to do what they asked us of. Even you are knitting a sweater see", he let go and motion to the sweaters on her lap.

Hyejoo was not left alone as well. She was lucky she learnt all these when she was in high school in crafts classes so she was able to help them with it.

Everyone in the Island were working everyday like it was a normal routine for them, but entertaining the Chief and his family was beyond necessary for Hyejoo.

"This is totally different. I prefer to be castaway on the Island than here", she sulkily turn away.

"Hyejoo...", he started and put a hand on her shoulder, making her turn towards him again.

"We have to risk our life everyday there to even get a food. But here, we have shelter, clothes, foods. We just need to do the things they asked for us in return".

Hyejoo threw the knit angrily and stood up, making Wooyoung to do the same as well.

"Dont you get it? They treat us like a slave here. Who the fuck even still entertain others? This is the twenty first century for goodness sake. At least we have our dignity there, but here, dont you have a pride Wooyoung? Besides, are you really trying to stay here your whole life? Why must we do all these when we could plan an escape?"

Wooyoung breathe calmly and pinch his nose, trying to control his emotion as well.

"I do want to escape too Hyejoo but it seems theres not a way..."

"There is a way!!"

"What do you mean?"

Hyejoo walk toward the corner and pick up something from the floor.

"This jug is made in Seoul, one of my friend's handwork to be exact. They think they are so clever but here look at this, HJ, an initial name of my bestfriend Hongjoong who is a specialist in clay works. This is the proof that these people has been to Seoul and that there is totally a way"

Wooyoung was left dumbfounded. He really thought there was no way out and never bothered to look for a way. But the girl, was more observant than the beast that was looking for their prey. She was currently the beast herself.

She was beyond furious and if they were animated, there would be smokes coming out of her ears and her face would turn red. Her breathing was not normal either and she close her eyes.

"I'm sorry Hyejoo I..."

"Save it! I should have known you can never change. Still a spoiled brat child who only care about fame and popularity"

Wooyoung's eyes darkened as he march towards the girl with the same expression that matched her's.

"Dont you ever say that to me again"

He says through gritted teeth and trap the girl, grabbing her wrist which the left the girl hissed in pain.

Suddenly they hear someone enter the hut, making Hyejoo to widen her eyes at the familiarity.

"Stop whatever you two are fighting about and listen to what I have to say"