24 / Again

Much to Wooyoung's dismay, they sneak back in the village. He knew when Hyejoo's action was firm, there is no point fighting back.

They sneak past Hyejoo's old hut again and turn towards a bigger hut with a little light inside it.

She pray that Yechan was right.

She threw a stone on the walls and to the hut before hearing a shifting noise. Someone was coming towards the door to see who was throwing stone to their home as the couple's heart quickened.

"Hyejoo!", Wooyoung whisper shouted and held on to her fingers but she held back with twice the energy he did which shows she was anxious as well.

The door to the hut finally opened and looking up from the bushes they could see the little boys figure they were expecting.

"Yechan!", Hyejoo whisper shouted and Wooyoung cup her mouth. First, people nearby will hear her. Second and worst, Yechan's parents will bust them and their plan will be a failure.

But Yechan quickly ran towards them after Hyejoo showed herself and she hug the little boy.

"Lets get out of this place!", she whisper to him and he nod making Wooyoung eye them confusely. Ofcourse he dont know anything but it wasnt the best time to tell their story yet.

"I have to grab just one thing!", he say and ran back quickly which make Wooyoung groan again.

"I swear we'll be caught", he was close to crying. He tried the whole night to sneak out from the hold of that clingy woman and he does not ever want to meet her again.

"Lets go!"

Yechan came running back in a minute and they went off.

"What did you bring?", Hyejoo ask her and held his hand. Wooyoung was jealous and fold his arms.

"A memory of my father"

Hyejoo nod her head and stare up at Wooyoung who was too quiet for her liking.

"Hey Woo!", she tug on his arms and Wooyoung softened. At least she didnt forget him.

They walk hurriedly in silence and when they finally reached the road to the unknown, Wooyoung sigh. He was not sure if it really was the exist to the island and their heaven but he could only hope.

But then, they hear people shouting and talking loudly back in the village as they widened their eyes.

"RUN!"

They run to the unknown road. It wasnt used as a crosswalk for a very long time or not instantly. The people were shouting Yechan's name or Wooyoung but not Hyejoo.

She doesnt even feel hurt that they were not looking for her because she was merely but a servant to them.

They ran out of breath so they stopped for a while when the voices of the villagers seems to be a bit far.

"Here drink some water", Hyejoo hand them a bottle of water and Yechan gulp down quickly who pass it to Wooyoung.

They breathe in and out and sigh. It was exactly around midnight but no one cares. They just needed to leave the depressing island.

"We need to keep going!", Wooyoung whisper and they continue but this time they walk slowly, the voices were quiet far and no one seems to be coming their way.

"Are you sure this is the way?", Hyejoo utter and look from left to right.

They were currently in the woods and animals growling in the distance could be heard. Hyejoo's heart cant keep but beating rapidly as she hold onto Wooyoung's arm.

"Actually I'm not sure but I just assume it it?"

"WHAT?", both Hyejoo and Yechan shouted at the same time and stop in their track. A few second later they heard a growling sound all too familiar as their breath stop.

"Woo..."

"Shhhh..."

They both knew what was in the distance and before it could reach them Hyejoo calmly took Yechan's hand and led him towards a big tree.

The growling sound came near as Yechan began climbing high followed by Hyejoo.

It was only a metre away when Wooyoung was still on the ground as Hyejoo gasp.

"Climb Wooyoung!!", she shout a bit louder and he did.

The deadly beast that look just like the one back on the island that they crashed was there on the ground, preying on them again.

Wooyoung climb up as their hope was ruined once again by the beast on the ground.

"What are we going to do now?", Hyejoo ask in a sniffling voice and hug the tree.

"Remember back in the Island? We used to go food hunting early in the morning before the beast woke up. Lets rest for a while and ran past here. Maybe this is its den"

"Even if we escape from that thing, where will we continue going? This is a dead end"

"We'll see once the sun rise. Dont lose hope"

Hyejoo nod her head. She knew it was not the time to break down so she calm down. The little boy did not utter a single word and just shiver, probably the first time he went through all of this.

"Are you okay Yechan?", Hyejoo ask him and stare at the branch he was sitting on.

"I-I hope so", he answer not feeling sure.

"Dont be scared okay! You're a big boy. Think of this as a video game you've played back in Seoul. We'll escape together hmm?"

Yechan give a smile which shows hope and faith and nod his head.