14 / Beast

"Run Wooyoung! Run"

She's panting and heaving. Running and jumping as high as she could. The only thing in her mind at the moment is to run to safety but feeling no presence from the male in her back, she lost breath. Why is he not following her? She couldnt bare about the result of looking back and her heart is thumping inside her chest like never before, not even when the plane was about to crashed.

"Wooyoung?", she whisper quietly and walk back slowly.

"Damn it Jung Wooyoung, are you alive?", she cried out and her tears burning down her cheeks until she went back to where she ran from.

"Jeez woman! Its just a frog!"

Wooyoung appeared out of nowhere making the girl gasp and widened her eyes. She springed forward and breathe in relief.

"I...I thought you're dead"

Wooyoung laugh at the frightened girl, however hugging back and poke at the frog that was jumping on the mud.

"I wont die that easily", he snicker and let the girl calm down as her heartbeat came back to normal.

"This is a bad idea, we should go back. We can just eat fruits, I wont complain anymore", Hyejoo blabber on and began leaving for the house.

"Hyejoo wait!", Wooyoung calls out but she was already gone. Maybe it was better for her to go back and he can hunt by himself. So he ignore her and kept going in his way.

Hyejoo ran back home hurriedly not even glancing back. Her heart beating faster in each step she took. They've come further than she realized and it took her forever to reach their house. She has always been one to be afraid of the forests and wild and now that she has confirmed they've become something's prey, it was building her anxiety more than ever.

After knowing that Wooyoung doesnt follow her for the second time, she sigh and keep going forward.

"Why am I worrying for that stupid head? He can die for all I care"

While murmering to herself she heard a shifting noise in the distance. The stomping noise on the dry leaves signifying the weight of the person is more than 100kgs, it felt heavy and anyone could feel that. The purring noise followed by the breathing of sniffling its meal came closer.

Hyejoo stopped breathing as if her smell could fade away. But it doesnt work that way. She can see their house in the far distance and hoping to make it in time, she ran.

Wooyoung hum to a music in his head and poke the ground looking for a footprint of any animal he could hunt. He wondered if the girl ever made it back safely and worried a little bit. Maybe it wasnt a good idea at all to continue by himself.

It was when he tried to turn around that he noticed the big footprint on the mud. Not ordinary for a deer or animal in the normal size, it was big and the claws faulting the size of the foot.

He ran back as fast as his leg take him and breathe in panick. The girl was right, there is indeed a beast living in the forest.

Hyejoo's leg were almost giving up but she tried her best. When the animal's noise came next to her side, thats when she thought its the end for her.

The beast was large and ugly. Not like any animal she had seen. It was dark brown and red mixed in color and its mouth was stinky and probably smell like dead animals. Its cane was sharp and could bite off anything in one try. She panick and couldnt do anything, only waiting for her death.

"Move it Hyejoo!"

She heard the voice she misses the most at the moment. Wooyoung came running towards her and so did the beast. Her only mind was filled with who would reach her first.

"I said move goddamn it! Run Hyejoo!"

Wooyoung panted and see Hyejoo finally moving a step back and run towards him instead. Atleast Wooyoung was holding a spear while she was left with nothing.

When they came in contact with each other, Wooyoung let the girl hide on his back and move slowly forwards. The beast doing the same except walking towards them at a careful speed.

"We have to get inside!", Wooyoung said making the girl nod in agreements.

"You ready?"

After getting the signal from Wooyoung, both of them run like never before, making the beast to hop off towards them again.

They could safely run inside before the beast got to them and heard its claws rubbing on their door. It couldnt enter, but for how long?

"What the hell is that thing?", Wooyoung ask to the girl who is still panicking. She look up with shaky eyes and let the tear slipped from her eyes.

"We are in an unknown Island Wooyoung. We could be in the den of an unknown species for all we know"