One

The faint screaming carried throughout the wind as I lay there slowly going unconscious. I barely heard a sound as I lay there feeling afraid, and I felt so much pain throughout my body. I couldn't move, and could barely breathe. I felt my heartbeat getting slower as the pain is starting to go numb. The biggest pain is in my right shoulder, but it's slowly starting to numb as well. My eyes are barely opened as they are half-closed and my vision is cloudy, but I can still barely see people running back and forth. They are being chased by something. I'm too numb to move as I felt my whole body going numb. My heart is beating even slower, and I felt so alone. My eyes felt so heavy as my heart finally decided to give up, and my eyes closed as darkness consumed me.

"When is dad coming back?"

"Hopefully soon. I have to get home to my own kids." The nanny says sighing.

"Do you think my dad will ever realize that I'm too old for a nanny?"

"He's just worried about you being home alone since he's always gone on those business trips." The nanny tells me.

"Yeah well, it's still annoying that I'm the only one of my age who has to be babysat."

"Don't worry, it won't be forever." The nanny tells me assuringly."

"Yeah, I hope so."

We both turn to head into the living room when suddenly we heard screaming outside. The nanny jumped, but being the curious one I am I ran towards the window to see why. I saw almost the whole town running for their lives, which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I told my nanny that something is wrong, which made her come over to the window as well. The look that appeared on her face appeared as terrified as she pulls me away. The screaming is loud and you can hear people banging on doors to get in, but she wouldn't let anyone come inside.

"What's happening?" I ask as glass broke somewhere in the house.

"Run and hide!" Nanny yells at me urgently.

I open my mouth to argue back when we heard more glass breaking. We spun around to see nobody, but as we backed away glass broke behind us making nanny scream. She pushed me forward making me fall onto the floor, and I turn around quickly to see her being bitten by some undead person. I backed away frighten as she chokes out telling me to run. I turn around running as I stand up quickly. I head for the back door but stop as I see another undead person running at me. I screamed as I turned and ran upstairs and into my room. I slam the door closed before heading towards my window. I opened it up but stop before heading towards my closet, and quickly grabbed my bow and quiver of arrows. I heard them outside of my door as they try to bang it open, and I felt my heart beating a mile a minute. I put my quiver and bow over my shoulder before heading out of the window. I climbed up to the top of the roof trying not to slip and fall off. When I made it to the top, my eyes widen when I saw the scene in front of me.

My eyes open slowly from the faint memory, but I couldn't seem to remember much of anything else. I blink a couple of times confused as I don't know where I am or what happened. I felt stiff and numb all over, and I felt kind of cold. I try to push my self up but pain shoots up my shoulder and through my stomach. I groan as I held onto my stomach as that hurts the most. I notice my voice sounds a bit different, but then again I don't really remember what my voice sounded like before. I look around where ever I am and see that there's a lot of dead corpses around. What happened around here? There must've been an attack or something. I stand up as I try to figure out the situation at hand, and I look down realizing I'm barefoot and I had a bow and quiver of arrows. I must've been an archer or something. I thought as I start walking in a random direction. I look around the area and it's so quiet that it's unnerving. I wanted to yell out to see if anyone alive is around, but I couldn't seem to get my voice to work.