Chapter 6

"Julie! Hurry I know you're in there" Cassie whined as she pounded on the changing room door. If she would've known how persistent Cassie was on the dress she was trying on she would've denied it on spot.

Juliet had agreed to go clubbing with Cassie and now she was regretting it a lot more than she was last night.

What Cassie hadn't told her was that she'd be picking the dress out. On those conditions, she wouldn't have agreed but here she was now locking herself in a dressing room trying to find an excuse not to wear this silky dress.

She couldn't deny that the dress was beautiful and she may have looked good, but the dress just didn't float her boat.

I mean the dress was wonderful. But the person wearing it may not have been as wonderful.

Sighing in defeat she realized that there was no hope in getting out this dress or clubbing. Afterall she agreed to it, now she faced the outcome. She wasn't sure what she was expecting to wear if she could pick her own dress.

But she knew one thing for sure, it truly wouldn't be a scandalous dress like this one.

She walked out of the dressing room as she bumped into Cassie who stood right in front of the curtain.

"Oh My God Juliet! You look amazing!" Cassie boasted as she stared down at the dress one more time. Maybe she did look good but she felt as if she was exposed to everyone.

I guess she just needed to get out of her comfort zone sometimes, that might be healthy. Yes. That's what she'd call it.

Getting out of her comfort zone.

"Y'know Cas this dress is great and all but-" Juliet tried to reason but Cassie was quick to shush her and push her back into the changing room to change back and pay for the dress.

"Hey! Wait I'm paying it's my dress!" Juliet yelled after Cassie who had her credit card out.

"Oh, Shush, it's the least I could do for my boss" Cassie chuckled as she handed the cashier her credit card and paid for the all too expensive dress.

"That wasn't necessary Cassie, we're friends out of work," Juliet said as they began walking out the store.

"So then I paid for it as a gift for my friend" Cassie shot back Juliet scoffed as she looked down at the bag that held her dress.

She was grateful to have a friend like Cassie, who cared for her and loved her. but She didn't even
know how to tell Cassie the truth about her past.

Her real name. Her husband who was currently running the most successful business in NYC and on top of that. How much of an ass he was.

She was glad none of the public knew that she left. Or else, she couldn't imagine how many articles would cover this story. They'd turn the title into something worse.

She was scared of how the public would react when they found out that she and Nick had split. Or what she would do if her job had found out the truth.

How would she explain this to them?

It was all too much to think about right now.

"So are you dating anyone," Juliet asked, as she glanced at Cassie as they walked down the open mall.

"I'm going clubbing for a reason Jules" Cassie joked as she returned the glance.

Juliet chuckled as she linked arms with her only but best friend with a smile.

***

"It's a new club, it just opened a week ago!" Cassie explained as she ordered two shots of vodka.

"Its huge" Juliet observed her surroundings, it was big but the number of people filling up the room made it seem small.

Cassie had downed the shots of vodka as she looked to her left where Juliet sat who looked bored out of her mind.

Which truth be told, she was.

Rolling her eyes Cassie grabbed Julia's hand and dragged her to the dance floor as she began dancing freely.

Julia on the other hand awkwardly stood in between her friend Cassie and another lady who looked just about drunk and out of it as she moved her body lividly.

"Come On Jules lighten up!" Cassie yelled over the loud music blaring over the speakers. Cassie grabbed both Julia's hands as they began dancing together.

Cassie twirled Julie around as they hysterically laughed, just as she was about to turn around Julia froze.

Her eyes locked with a familiar man. The room had suddenly felt suffocating. It couldn't be him, right?

What would he even be doing at a club? Julia wondered as she made eye contact with who seemed to be Nicholas.

She felt a hard tap on her shoulder as she looked away to Cassie how was mouthing words to her but she was unable to make out what Cassie had been saying.

She was too utterly shocked to realize what was going on around her.

Turning back to where Nicholas once was, she noticed he had disappeared. He was gone.

Was this all imagination after all?

"Juliet! Julia what's wrong" Cassie yelled being the only thing Julia was able to make out when she returned back to her reality.

"I don't feel good, lets go home Cassie" Juliet begged too afraid to accidentally run into Nicholas.

"Are you sure? We've only been here for an hour" Cassie asked concerned and a little sad.

"yeah..." Julia replied feeling bad for being the reason Cassie didn't get to spend the night she had imagined.

***

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?" Cassie questioned as they both sat in satin PJs staring at the floor.

The moment felt inwardly awkward. Juliet wasn't sure if telling Cassie the entire thing would be smart.

She only knew Cassie for a little over 2 months. But it felt like they were destined to have met. I mean Cassie had definitely brung out a side Juliet had never seen in herself.

They were bonded by similar interests but the bond wasn't just that. It was strong and she genuinely felt better around Cassie.

Cas was overprotective of Juliet. She noticed how fragile Juliet was when they first met, and since then Cassie had felt the urge to protect her soft friend.

So the answer was clear to her. Cassie may have just come into her life but she had been the most real and worthy than anyone she had ever encountered.

So that night she explained everything. Her broken marriage with Nicholas King.

How she ran away, and how she started this business secretly. How he had been nothing but an ass to her.

It all felt so odd to her, explaining everything to cassie made her feel as if she was reliving her nightmare.

As Juliet finished her story she felt tears swell up, she hadn't even realized she was getting emotional.

Cassie wrapped her arms around Juliet in an attempt to soothe her best friend. They sat there for a few minutes just hugging each other.

"It'll be alright Jules" Cassie whispered as she leaned her head on Julia's shoulder.

"I know" Julia replied with a quiet whisper as she felt her eyes close and her tiredness become evident as she fell asleep in Cassie's arms.