Chapter 7

Nicholas's POV Third Person

"I want her tracked down." Nicholas ordered Jared, his personal assistant. Jared was the only one who knew anything about Nicholas and Juliets issues.

And Nicholas wanted to keep it that way. No one needed to know about his love life, they'd begin asking questions about his personal life.

And being a very high prestigious man he chose not to share anything personal with the media.

"Yes sir," Jared replied as he walked away with a couple of files as his shoes clacked against the marble flooring.

Sighing, Nicholas slouched back in his chair as he opened his MacBook and searched through emails.

Finding boredom in the act he stood up and stretched. Last night had been eventful, to say the least.

He had opened up a new club just to see his runaway wife partying? It angered him but the terrified expression on her face gave him satisfaction when she saw him.

Jared walked in with different files than before as he stood in front of Nicholas's desk.

"Mrs. Right owns a boutique 12 miles north from here" Jared explained as he slid a file to Nicholas.

The file contained information about the small shop and the legal documents as well as a few pictures. Nicholas had power and access to documents that commoners didn't.

It was one of the perks of being on the inside.

"Mrs. King, address her as Mrs. King" Nicholas corrected.

Jared nodded as he continued to explain more about Juliet. He had been working for Nicholas for quite some time. He had come to know how to handle Nicholases breakouts and temper. He had found ways to handle business when Nicholas wouldn't.

He saw Nicholas as more than just a boss. They were friends no matter how much Nicholas would deny it. He had always helped Jared when he was in need.

"And the woman who was with her?" Nicholas asked recalling the night at the club.

"I believe her name was Cassie Willian, unfortunately, I couldn't get as much information on Ms. Willian."

Nicholas grunted as he leaned back in his chair and examined the photos and documents closely.

"Set up a meeting with Mrs. King" Nicholas ordered as he closed the files up and looked up to Jared who nodded and picked up the files and excused himself.

Nicholas closed his eyes his tiredness and stress being evident.

Just as he was about to dose off his secretary walked in. She stood by the door as she waited for Nicholas to address her.

"Yes?" Nicholas asked making eye contact with Loraine, his secretary.

"Ms. Walkers here to see you" Loraine informed as she stood completely still.

"Let her in" Nicholas said as he dismissed Loraine who nodded as Ms. Walker walked in.

"And what do I owe this pleasure to Ms. Walker?" Nicholas groaned as he looked up at Cynthia with an irritated smile.

Cynthia Walker was beautiful nonetheless, she had silky long legs and a perfect body. She was a high-class model her career defined her. She had money and looks. She and Nicholas shared a lot in common.

She wore a bright red dress that reached knee-length as her bright red lipstick drew attention.

Cynthia sat down in one of the chairs in front of Nicholas's desk with a smug smile. She crossed her legs as she set her designer purse on her lap.

"I ran into Jared on my way here" Cynthia stated as her expression differed. Nicholas sat down behind his desk and intertwined his fingers as he waved his hand for her to proceed.

"A meeting with your wife? How pathetic" Cynthia laughed as she rolled her eyes. Nicholas raised his eyebrow as he opened his laptop and began searching through emails clearly bored with Cynthia.

"Do you honestly think she'll come back? She's moved on Nicholas I mean look at her she hadn't made a single call in the last two months" Cynthia argued as she closed his MacBook and made eye contact.

"What happens between me and Juliet is not your concern Ms. Walker, I suggest you stay out of my business now that we are no longer seeing each other" Nicholas stated as he rested his hands on his desk.

"You don't get it do you? You don't love her, God! She's not even your type, we could make a future together-"

"I'm sure we both know I have never felt any affection towards you, so before you talk about us consider the fact- we will never hold any future together Cynthia" Nicholas cut her off as stood up from his chair.

"As for Juliet, if you even try to hurt her mark my fucking words Cynthia I will make sure you and your career never see the light of day" Nicholas warned as he crossed his arms.

"Nicholas- I- I don't understand why-"

"Get out," Nicholas ordered as he turned around and stared out the glass wall that showed the entire city of NYC.

Cynthia stood up as she collected her things and walked out. Her sniffles could be heard as she made ever step.

Jared walked in behind her as he examined Cynthia who looked like a mess but brushed it off as he walked into Nicholas's office.

"Sir Mrs. King said she won't be attending any type of meeting with you" Jared informed as he stood in front of Nicholas.

Nicholas rolled his eyes annoyed as he pinched the bridge of his temples.

"Thank you Jared you're dismissed" Nicholas announced as he sat down at his desk. If she wasn't going to come to him then he'd come to her.

If that was the way it had to be then so be it.

Sitting down in his chair he sighed as a headache caused him pain. He closed his eyes once more hoping to catch a short break.

There was so much Juliet didn't know about him, why he slept with all those women, why he pushed her away. Why he kissed her that day.

There was all a reason behind it and he planned on telling her everything, he needed to change her mind about him.

He had caused her unbearable pain and now he'd have to make it all up, and even more. He needed to win her back, and if it meant he had to use the hard way. He would.

He needed her more than she knew, but it was all his fault. He never looked for her, he never even tried to call.

This would be a long story, one he was willing to take if it meant she'd come back.