Chapter 14

Looking up from my computer, I noticed Nicholas jolting up as he looked around cluelessly, his eyes landed on his father, who was still not awake. And just like before, his eyes became motionless.

It didn't take him long to notice me, he seemed surprised, but then again, figuring out his emotions and feelings could be an extreme sport. He looked at me for a moment then turned away as he stood up.

Shutting my laptop, I grabbed the sandwhich and water bottle as I stood up and walked over to him.

"Here, you haven't eaten since we got off the jet," I whispered, he looked down at me and then the food and water in my hands and looked away.

Sometimes, I wished he could just pack up his tough act and just let himself get help; This would only be better for him.

"I'm not hungry," He said bluntly as he turned back to his father, who looked just the same.

Fine, if he wasn't hungry, then so be it. I wasn't willing to force him and show him that I care enough to make sure he didn't starve.

"I'll leave it here. If you decide to drop your tough guy act feel free to take it," I said, setting it down on the table next to the bed.

"Wheres my mother," He asked in a slightly annoyed tone. I pointed to where she was still sound asleep as he examined her for a moment.

The tension between us was awkward; it wasn't supposed to be. I didn't expect it not to be though, it was inevitable we disliked the presence of each other. Or at least me. But in any case, it still didn't change the situation.

I walked to were Eleanor was sleeping and took a seat next to her, she looked peaceful yet worried,

Opening my phone I scrolled through my emails until I came across a very odd-looking one, opening the email I read the headline.

"Juliet King and Nicholas King Have made appearances?"

What? I don't understand, we were never seen. No one knew about us besides Lukas and Cassie. Maybe Nicholas had told some people but still.

Nicholas wasn't capable of giving away his threat. Standing up I walked over to Nick who looked preoccupied with his own.

Before I could say anything Nicholas had already seen it, I could see it on his phone. I was dying to know what was going on through his head.

"It's getting taken care of," He said closing his phone. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, today had to be the toughest day I could face.

"No one saw us together it doesn't make any sense" I informed but it seemed like he was already trying to figure that out too.

"Someone from the inside leaked it. Fortunately, there are no pictures or views. Meaning if we get it taken down in time no one will see it" Nicholas said turning to face me.

"Who would do that" I furrowed my eyebrows as I thought deep and hard about this. Cassie would never betray me like this.

She would've done it ages ago. And Lukas, he had a whole life to be worried about. He wouldn't bother with this.

This meant someone on Nicks's side did this. It would make sense, Nick wasn't the nicest person in the whole world. He was mean at times, actually to be completely honest. He was always mean

Anyone would get back at him for that, his anger issues have now become everyone's issues.

He shook his head in annoyance, he didn't know either, but it really wasn't like we had a list of people to go through.