Chapter 8

Juliet's POV

It had been such a long day, to say the least, I was exhausted. Right now all I needed was to lay down and relax.

Unfortunately, I still had to close up and clean before I could take my leave. I seriously need to hire someone to do this,

But then I wouldn't get nearly as much money that I make. But then again, I lived here it was only right to clean up my shop and as of right now my living area as well.

"Alright, Jules I'm leaving" Cassie yelled as she waved across the room. Setting down the broom I was holding I smiled and waved back.

Two nights ago I admitted everything to Cassie, my past, my broken marriage. Everything.

And she had been more than supportive, she held me at my worst and supported me at my best. I truly didn't deserve her.

Smiling to myself I set down the broom and leaned against the counter letting myself rest. My eyes shot up as the door pushed open.

"I'm sorry we're closed-" And then just like that my world stopped, I locked eyes with Nicholas he walked in and began observing things he eventually brought his eyes back to mine.

"It's been a while Juliet" He smirked, he knew what he was doing. I knew him better than anyone.

He already knew where I was all these months, and even if he didn't it wouldn't take him longer than an hour to locate where I was.

He had connections everywhere. That was the hardest part. But seeing he hadn't tried contracting for the last two months gave me the idea he didn't bother looking.

I stayed silent as I looked down as if I was guilty. Truly, I wasn't I was just one woman chasing her dreams her husband would not support.

But he always made me feel like I was guilty of it. Yes, maybe running away wasn't ideal but it wasn't hurting anyone.

"The press has been asking about you" He proceeded, I looked up away from his gaze.

"I haven't seen it in headlines" I replied in a quiet whisper, he wouldn't lie about this matter though, if the press had really been asking then the reason for him being here would make sense.

Although it didn't take rocket science to figure out even the press wasn't the reason he was here.

"I've taken them down before they could get any views," He said as he slid his hands in his trousers.

Finally making eye contact with him, I held a stern look I couldn't show him any weakness. Not today, not ever. He won't get that satisfaction again.

He walked over and leaned against the rack straight across from me.

"I'd like to see you at my office tomorrow at 9 A.M," He said almost as if he was giving orders. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

Had he not gotten the hint, I wouldn't take orders from him anymore. I had been pushed around enough by him whereas now I needed to stand up for myself.

"I don't take orders from you Nicholas" I shot back, he chuckled as he looked back at me with a smirk.

"It would be a shame if your coworkers found out you were married." He blackmailed. The oldest trick in the book.

Of course, it was Nicholas King. He got everything he wanted, it was either the clean way or the dirty way. Either way, he got what he wanted.

"And what's so bad about being married? You'd be at a loss if they found out how you treated me" I argued. If he was going to play this game then so was I.