Chapter 10

What's going on Nicholas?" Juliet set her fork down and looked at him. He had made reservations at a private restaurant but couldn't give her the reason behind it.

Just like he always did, he proceeded to ignore her. Not even a glance, he just continued to take bites of the overpriced steak on his plate.

The audacity of this man was beyond her.

"I'm having your company's name changed under Juliet King," He said as he looked up to her dissatisfied.

She rolled her eyes, controlling as always.

"Why put me through the hassle if we're getting divorced anyway" She scoffed looking back down at her Orecchiette which she had lost her appetite to a while ago.

"I'm doing you a favor." He looked at her like he was serious.

Wait. Was he?

Was he out of his mind? Doing her a favor that had to be the biggest bullshit of the week.

I mean dinner every Friday for what? I'm almost certain you don't like me nor do I like you, this is an avoidable problem you're-"

"Will you just shut up Juliet." He cut her off. She furrowed her eyebrows and sat up picking up her trench coat.

He forced her to dinner and then told her to shut up. She was baffled at this man. He was impossible or maybe bipolar and yet she still had no answer as to why this was even a thing.

"Go to hell" She whispered between gritted teeth as she grabbed her purse and slipped on the trench coat she was once holding.

She walked out calmly not causing a scene, she couldn't risk it here.

Pulling out her phone she pressed the only number on her favorites list. Cassie. The only girl who would save her from this.

And the worst part was when she had seen him he had looked breathtaking, he looked great and it hurt her more like that.

He looked so put together when she herself looked like a mess. She looked weak to him and overall that when she first saw him all she could think about was the stupid kiss they shared.

She could bet her money that he doesn't even recall what happened that night.

He's kissed plenty of girls, what in the hell could make hers memorable.

"Hey is everything all right?" She heard over the phone,

"Can you pick me up Cassie I'll send you my location" Juliet said cutting right to the chase. She wasn't going to bullshit with Cassie.

She'd accomplish nothing with that. It seemed quite useless.

"I'm on my way," Cassie said ending the phone call as she sent her the location.Cassie pulled up and Juliet got in.

***

"Can you believe him!" Juliet boasted angrily as she expressed her feelings about her night.

Juliet stood up and fluffed her flattened out pillow and groaned as she slumped back down."Why don't you expose him he's done some terrible things to you" Cassie wondered as she made her way to Juliet.

"It's not that easy, I have no proof and no women he would ever sleep with would testify against him. The press would make me look like an attention gold-digging whore I'd practically be throwing away my life." Juliet explained.

Cassie chuckled as she turned around. "You don't have the heart to ruin his life," Cassie said as she turned back to Juliet who furrowed her eyebrows.

Was Cassie right?

Did she have the heart to ruin him like that? If people did believe her she would have ruined his life.

Juliet stayed quiet as there was a knock at her door both Cassie and Juliets head shot up. Juliet looked at Cassie who motioned her to get the door.

Slowly Juliet opened the door, to see the devil himself standing there with a white foam takeout box.

"I'm gonna go," Cassie said as she got up and walked herself out before Juliet could stop her, Nicholas had already shut the door behind him.

"Look, if you're here to control my business then you should go because-"

"I'm sorry"

"Nicholas sorry can't fix us or the past or every mistake you make"

"Can we sit?" Nicholas asked but it seemed more like an order then a command.

He seemed a lot less mean in a way, it was kind of nice seeing him show any kind of emotion.

They both sat down on her rusty couch, she wasn't materialistic, to say the least, her couch did the job but the discomfort Nicholas felt was evident.

"It's late Nick and my night is already-"

"The way I acted was reckless. I shouldn't have and I apologize, I brought your leftovers since you barely touched your food" Nicholas said cutting Juliet off.

She wanted to be angry but it was so hard when he made himself seem as though he had any reason to be reckless.

At least he owned up to it.

"Thanks" Juliet mumbled quietly as she took the foam takeout box.

"I need to go" Nicholas stood up as he flattened out his suit.

"You never answered my question back there Nick"

"Goodnight Juliet" And just like that he left.

Tonight Juliet learned two things, one being Nicholas wasn't forcing her to dinner for the fun of it. He had a reason he just wasn't ready to tell her.

And two being he was truly broken. No matter how much he hid or how much he denied it was evident in his eyes.

She felt helpless, and her heart broke for him but deep down she felt a little better knowing that he might've felt a fraction of what she was feeling.

And maybe that would be enough for her.