Chapter 16

Engulfing Eleanor in a hug she smiled wholeheartedly. 

"I'll miss you both" I smiled sadly as I waved at Calvin and Eleanor who had now been discharged from the hospital.

"Take care!" I included as Nicholas led me out of the hospital as we walked to the car. I had a lot to think about, considering the information I had learned last night.

it was like I could understand him now like he wasn't so emotionless he just had his emotions ripped away from him.

Sitting in the passenger seat next to Nicholas and I watched him focus on everything ahead of him, his mind set on one thing and one thing only.

It was like he was blocking anything else. I felt bad for him, sitting there in misery not even able to think about what he wanted to do.

He never told me her name, the one that ripped his heart out of his chest. It was better that way I wouldn't overthink every girl I met with the same name. 

I cared about him, and I knew more than anything that all he wanted was closure from her, he wanted to hear it all over again. 

He wanted to be loved again and I wasn't sure when I or any other women could do that for him, not after the trauma he's been through.

This was sure to make him feel as if love was no longer worthy of him. 

I hadn't said a word, the silence we were in was comfortable it left the air flowing. It was good. 

I did want to talk and clear some things up but it was transparent that it took Nick a while to tell me everything, the last thing I would do is bring up all the buried memories. 

***

Both Nicholas and Juliet both stood up as Nicks jet landed. Nicholas's hand on Juliets back as he led her out. 

As they walked out a few men came and retrieved their luggage and headed to their car where they were both seated. 

As the car began to drive Nicks mind had wondered to Juliet, he glanced at her, she was facing the window her head resting against it.

She was so calm. He envied her clear mind.

Finally arriving, his men opened the door for him as they did the same for Juliet.

They stood in front of his office building as Juliet turned to face him. 

"you should get going, I'll catch a cab," Juliet said as she smiled at him, it was a sincere smile. It had been a long couple of days for both of them but she still managed to put on a smile.

"come inside. I'll arrange your ride" Nicholas said as he walked inside not waiting for her response he knew she'd protest so it was rather he would not give her a chance than to let her argue with him.

Sighing she traced his steps as they both walked inside. Loraine was the first to meet them as she smiled brightly at them. 

Jared had soon shown up next to Loraine with documents in his hand.

Nicholas was soon taken away by Jared in a business conversation leaving Loraine and Juliet to conversate,

"Is there anything I can get you, Ms. King?" Loraine asked politely.

"Oh no, it's okay I just need to arrange a ride-"

"She'll be riding with me, theirs no need for an arranged ride" Nicholas cut in. Juliet furrowed her eyebrows as Loraine nodded.

Nicholas dismissed both Lorain and Jared leaving the two of them.

"Nicholas I can't stay-"

"You own the place. They'll live" Nicholas said cutting her off.