Chapter 18

"Should I be insulted that you chose to sneak out, and steal my car" Nicholas smirked as he leaned against the counter where the cash register and Juliet stood.

"Nothing personal" Juliet shot back a little embarrassed. Nicholas chuckled at her sneaky remark

"Keys?" Nicholas asked as Juliet fished out his car keys from under the counter and handed it to him.

"You're good" Nicholas whispered as he winked and walked out.

Juliets eyes widened as her face flushed, he knew exactly what he was doing. She could just hear his little murderous chuckle.

Cassie waddled over with a sly smile as she had seen everything.

"He's pretty good huh" Cassie taunted as she watched Juliets face bloom with red colors.

***
"Alright Jules, I'll see you tomorrow" Cassie waved as she walked out the shop, Juliet waved back as she yelled an okay.

It was already 8, the store had closed 30 minutes ago and Cynthia still hadn't shown. Had she been stood up?

Was it all just a joke.

Just as she was about to look away a car pulled up, unfortunately, it wasn't Cynthia. It was Nicholas'.

She sighed as he got out of the car.

"You waited?" Nicholas sounded surprised to see her and of course, it was surprising the idea of her to wait for him wasn't so convincing to Nick

"No. I'm waiting for someone else" Juliet said as she looked at Nicholas.

"At this time?" Nicholas furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her worried.

"Cynthia Parker is taking me out for drinks," Juliet said proudly but Nicholas seemed to be everything but surprised.

"You're not going," Nicholas sternly stated as he walked closer.

"Actually, she is" Cynthia cut in as she pulled up just in time, Juliet proudly smiled as she looked at Nick who seemed to be everything but happy.

"Don't you dare Juliet"

"You can't dictate everything I do. Sorry, Nicholas" Juliet said as she got into Cynthia's car as they drove off.

"What's the deal with you and Nick?" Juliet asked out of curiosity wondering why he wasn't more supportive of her and Cynthia's meeting.

"We use to be friends, bad past I guess he just hasn't gotten over it" Cynthia stated as she glanced over to Juliet with a smirk.

"What happened?" Juliet asked suddenly intrigued by his past.

"I think he should tell you that"

"Oh"

"We're here"

Juliet looked outside the car window mesmerized, the exclusives only club. It was known that they only let some people in so that well-known people wouldn't be getting photographed or harassed at this club.

Getting out she looked at how she was dressed.

This was not clubbing clothes.

"Common Julie or Jewelry whatever it is I have an elusive spot reserved"

An exclusive spot at an exclusive club, was this how it felt to be a celebrity.

As they walked in the club their IDs were checked and as the music boomed blaring through the speakers, you could barely hear anything.