Clarity (37)

AN: Please don't be a ghost reader. I need all the votes I can get. So how about you hit that vote button right now before you dive into this chapter.

Thank you for voting. Now buckle up and enjoy the chapter.

××××××××

Dimitri

I woke up with a killer headache. Which was odd because, I normally wake up from naps feeling well rested. I then proceeded to touch my forehead as if by touching it, I would somehow figure out why my head was pounding. There was no wound open on my head which was great. But there was dried blood on my left forehead. Which could only mean that I had fallen facedown. But when did that happen?

And just like that it all came crashing back fast. My older sister had finally found me.

"It's about time you woke up," I heard a very familiar voice say. I hadn't heard that voice since the day I left for the lower city and couldn't believe I was hearing it right now. Thus, I quickly turned around trying to locate it. My gaze wondered around the dingy my first glance landed on him. It was really him and he was still alive.

"Dad?" I asked in disbelief despite seeing him with my very eyes. I could not believe that he was still alive. I mean he looked pretty worn out right now, but he was actually still breathing. My father was currently tied up with chains, in the far-right corner of the cell. He was sitting up with his back pressed to the wall as he watched me back. Then it clicked. My dad had been in the cell all along. He had been sleeping on the cold hard floor of the palace dungeons all this while. I immediately felt guilty at this thought. I should have come for him sooner. Then my emotions shifted, and I became angry. I was pissed at my sister. I was going to make her pay for doing this to our father. He did not deserve this at all.

I knew exactly where I was. Seneca had us placed in the underground dungeons. These were the cells we used to keep supernatural creatures who trespassed the law in. The chains around our necks were able to withhold even vampire strength. They were made of silver so they would damage a wolf tremendously and then normally with the ancient spells on the castle, no witch would be able to use magic in the castle. So, there was no use in me trying to get out of them. Dad was locked up in the opposite corner of the room so, there was no way I could even reach him.

"I am so sorry my son." dad whispered sounding defeated. I could not understand why he was apologising. None of this was his fault. I had to fix all of this. "Dad, I am going to make this right. Just hang in there," I said. I so badly wanted to unleash my beast but I could not. I needed to plan strategically. Now more than ever as our lives depended on it.

"But this is all my fault son. I did this to you. I made your sister this way," dad said sounding so defeated. Now, I was again confused. What was he referring to? Clearly being in the dungeons had taken its toll on him. I couldn't even begin to imagine what Seneca had put him through all this while. I should have come sooner.

Dad then went on to elaborate, "I had found your sister... She was very powerful already at her young age. So, I took her to the council and they tried to kill her. Luckily, she managed to run away. But it was me. I lied to her that I was taking her home. I swear I did not know that they were going to kill her," Then for the first time in my life I witnessed my dad cry. I don't know if it was because this was the first time I saw him cry or because of what he said, but my brain was done taking more shocks and just shut down again.

Before I could even try to respond to my dad, I heard another familiar voice call out, "So you not only killed my family, but you killed Seneca's family as well?" I then slowly turned around as I took in my surroundings for the first time. There were two other bodies in the dark cells with my dad and I. I could understand why Damien was here with us. But why was she here as well? "Rebecca," I whispered out. And to no one's surprise Rebecca went on speaking to my father like I did not even exist. "Do you even know who I am?" she asked him.

My father seemed confused and did not respond to her. Instead he looked to me for an explanation. Of course this confrontation was happening right now. At least we were locked up so Rebecca couldn't try to kill my father just yet.

"My father was William. Does that ring a bell?" she asked dad. I watched as my father's face contoured to one of surprise, "William had a daughter?" he asked clearly unaware of this fact. He then looked at Rebecca as if finally taking in who she was. "That is who you look like. I can't believe he never told me," dad added.

"I guess it makes sense now... Why my father never told you of my existence. I mean you took Seneca to the council. He was just protecting me," Rebecca said finally coming to a conclusion on her own. She was no longer speaking to my father or me but voicing her thoughts out loud.

After a few minutes of silence, Rebecca then turned to me and whispered, "She is coming." She then proceeded to close her eyes and when they opened again, her honey brown eyes became a rich golden-colour. She then said some chant in foreign language and my chain opened up. She then did the same to Damien's chains and woke him up as well.

Despite being free, we all kept our chains on, so it appeared as if we were actually still trapped.

"I'm glad to see everyone is awake," Seneca said as she stood at the entrance of the dungeons. She then whispered some words and the door opened. Then she entered the cell 

XXXX

AN

QOC: What do you think about Dimitri's father? 

Vote and comment.