4

Have you ever felt like nothing is going well for you and you just want to hibernate for a few weeks, or maybe months? Well I have been feeling like shit through out this week and it's only Wednesday.

Okay I'll give you a rundown. On Monday, I was transferred to my boss's assistant's office and as I was moving, I misplaced a lot of files which took me more than four hours to sort. Four good hours, making me spend all my time on it and I didn't get any work done. I took the wrong files home so I couldn't review the correct files and I had to quickly go through it as my boss was supposed to sign them on Tuesday. On Tuesday, I had to rush over the files I forgot in the office, I mistakenly ran into someone, making all the files in our hands scatter and I spent a lot of valuable time sorting the documents. I felt like I would die. And then when I got home, I realized I forgot my house keys in my office table.

Why did I even bring it out of my bag?

Because my phone rang and I emptied my bag to get it. I had to rush back to my office before it was locked.

Now today being Wednesday, I'm supposed to have a meeting with the photographer today but here I am, my mood is a mess, my mum has been calling since I walked out on her and I haven't picked up and not to forget, my period started today and I'm having terrible cramps.

Should I just die? Did I offend the universe in any way?

I wish I took that week off that my boss offered yesterday when he realized my head wasn't in the right place but being an idiot, I rejected it saying that I'm good. Who does that? Apparently me. I check the time on the small clock on my table and see it's 1pm. I go into Mr Chikwem's office and walk to his file cabinet. I open it and start going through it when he asks what I'm looking for.

"I'm looking for the documents on the business deal and contracts with Lorex and co. Most of the reports done by Nancy before she was transferred are not well presented and she didn't file them accordingly. I've been sorting files in the cabinet in my office and it's exhausting. That girl didn't do anything right. Files are just scattered everywhere. I'm sorting them according to dates. Is that okay?" I ask as I go through the cabinet

"Yes. Let's work with dates. And the Lorex and co files are in the last layer, the second section." He replied and I nod. I get the file and show it to him

"The meeting with the photographer is by 2pm but in thirty minutes you have an appointment with your doctor. Is your health okay?" I ask as I looked at him and he nods. He looks a bit tired. I hope he's fine though.

"Yes. Last time the doctor said it's just a minor check up to see if my heart rate is fine." He replied

"Okay. I'll handle the photographer. I'll be in my office if you need me" I close the cabinet and walk back to my office. I continue sorting the files as I'm almost done.

Mr Chikwem lets me know he's leaving and he leaves. I keep working until my telephone rings. I pick up the receiver and place it on my ear as I keep working.

"Mr Chikwem's office" I kept a file on another bundle of files then sit up

"It's Rita from reception. There's a Mr Njoku here to see you. Says he's the photographer." I try to keep my desk in order as files are littered all over it.

"Send him in." I reply and drop the receiver. I go back on my knees and start stacking the files on top each other. A knock on my door disrupts me

"Come in" I stand up, and take a quick look around my office. I try to smoothen my skirt and turn around just to see him. The guy who I ran into and landed on my butt. Mr dreads. He was wearing a black polo shirt, a leather jacket and blue jean trouser. His left hand was tucked into his pocket and an annoying smile was on his face.