7

I rushed out of my office into my car. I was supposed work a little early today because I had dinner plans with Johnson and my friends by 6pm and here I was leaving work by 5:30.

Abi na evil spirit hold me like this? Village people make una leave me ooo (is evil spirit holding me? My village people should leave me alone).

I didn't see the need to go home so I drove to the restaurant as fast as I could. I parked my car in the lot and walked to the restaurant door.

"Reservation for Amadi" I smoothened my dress as I walked to the counter.

If I ever marry Johnson, our children will swear for us because they have to stay at the front seat in every examination they write in their life. How can he answer Amadi? And why in God's name am I thinking that far?

The restaurant looked expensive. Obviously. Johnson is rich.

"Right this way ma'am" a girl replied and I followed.

We walked through a set of doors into a more private setting. Then she led me to a table and I saw Johnson and my friends already seated as they smiled at me. I walked up to him and he stood up a hugged me before kissing my cheek and I smiled at him. He pulled the chair beside me and I sat.

"So madam you set up a meeting with us and you came late?" Arinze asked and I smiled apologetically.

"I'm so sorry. I lost track of time while working" I sighed

"Every single time" Chizi complained and I glared at her

"Then tell your dad to do something about it" I retorted and she smiled

"We're not talking terms now" she shrugged and I sighed

"Again? What did he do this time" I asked and she smiled

"Later" she mouthed and I nodded.

"So guys, this is Johnson and Johnson these are my friends Chizi, Arinze and Ralph" I introduced and they exchanged pleasantries

"You look familiar" Johnson looked at Chizi. He scrunched his face as he tried to remember her. She tried to say something but he raised his hand to stop her. "Let me guess" he put his hand on his chin and she nodded.

He thought for a while before he clapped and snapped his fingers.

"Aha, I got it. You are an actress" he sounded so happy at his discovery making us all laughed

"Correct" Chizi replied

"Oh my God. Kaima you didn't tell me you are friends with an actress" he looked at me

"I don't really see the big deal. I've been friends with her since diapers so it's not really a big deal for me" I  shrugged

"Just imagine. Don't mind her. She doesn't know the value of what she has until she will loose it" Chizi glared at me and we laughed.

The waiter came and we all ordered then Johnson asked for a bottle of champagne.

"So how did you meet the guys?" Johnson asked as we ate

"Okay. Funny story. My mum matched me with Arinze here but we didn't like each other. Besides he already has a girl which he loves dearly. While Ralph over here—"

"Please don't tell that story" Ralph groaned as he placed his glass on the table and ran his hand through his hair.

I noticed he loved doing that.

"No way. I'm telling it" I smirked at him

"Tell the abridged version. The main story is kinda long and I'll feel really bad hearing how much of an arse I was" he flinched slightly, as if remembering the story.