13

I walk into Mr Chikwem's office but he was in the middle of a meeting but he looks up at me and nods for me to continue. I refused to take this particular meeting. I wonder why he's the boss.

Oh so that he can order me to take his meetings.

"Sir I just spoke with Lorex and co." I spoke up and he looked at me

"Okay. And what did they say?" He asked

"They want to want to discuss the terms of the new contract. They want you to fix a day and place for a meeting." I replied and he nods and motions for me to leave.

"I'll be heading for the studio now" I raised my brows and he nods.

I left his office and walk to the studio. Ralph was taking shots of our recent products. At least there were not much people around and no half naked models today. I stood watching him place the products how he wanted them to be on the table, then take shots. He would now look through the pictures he had taken and repeat the process again. Few minutes later, two model walked by me greeting me and walked up to Ralph. I watched one of them call him and he looked at her and smiled. He seem to be really close with them. One of the models laugh and place her hand on his arm. He said something and they laughed and the same girl hit his chest jokingly. I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest so I turned away, left the studio and started back to my office. I ran into my former assistant and she started ranting about how annoying her new boss is and how she's missing me.

"She's just so bossy and annoying" she whined.

"She's your boss. She's allowed to be bossy" I replied and she frowns

"but you were not like that" she whined again and I smile.

"Not everybody is like me" I put my hands on my hips and raise my head.

We laughed and talked until someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around and saw Ralph.

"Mary let's talk later okay?" I asked and looked at her.

"Okay" she said with an eager nod and left.

"Hi." I smiled at him but he was frowning "what is it? What did I do now?" 

"Why did you come to the studio and leave without talking to me?" He asked

"You were busy and really focused and I didn't want to distract you" I replied and his frown deepened

"And when has that ever stopped you" he asked and I shook my head.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I just didn't think it through" I replied and he nodded.

"Let's go back" he intertwined our fingers and pulled me towards the studio.

We went back to the studio where his partner Victor was making videos of the models, telling them what to do.

"I haven't seen him work before. He looks really serious when he's not flirting with the models" I mused and Ralph laughs.

"Don't mind him. Victor can be serious when he wants. He just likes women a little too much" he replied and I cock an eyebrow

"And you don't?" I ask

"Oh I do but I stick to one woman" I shake my head.

"I pity the one woman" I muttered and he laughs

"Not if she's you" he said with a smirk.

"Don't you think you are a little too late for that? I have a boyfriend" I tilted my head. I don't know if I imagined it but he frowned for like a mili second.