10

I yawned as I rubbed my eyes. Thank God it's Friday. I quickly have my bath and dress up for work before realizing that I was still tying my scarf. I had removed the attachment from my hair and now it was in all its bushy glory. I quickly covered my body with my towel to prevent stains on my dress, applied my hair products, parting it and styling it. Realizing I didn't have time for breakfast, I took some biscuits I had, stuffing them in my bag and rushing out. And my car refused to start.

What did I do wrong. I have a meeting today.

I quickly called a cab to take me to work. I hope Mr Chikwem won't be too angry with me.

I rushed to my office, dropping my stuff on my table and rushed to Mr Chikwem's office. He had already started the meeting without me. He gave me a hard glare before turning back to the man. It was a confidential meeting that is why it's taking place in his office.

"Good morning. Sorry I'm late" I took my seat.

"You should fire your assistant. She's tardy" the man ordered

I opened my mouth to say something but the glare Mr Chikwem gave me shut me up real good.

"She's not usually like this. But I believe it's my business on how to discipline her" Mr Chikwem replied and I almost gave him a high five.

"It will become normal if you don't do something about it. I was just suggesting" the man spoke again making me glare at him.

Fool. Idiot. Can I just strangle him

"Like I said it's my business how to discipline her. Can we go back to the matter at hand?" Mr Chikwem asked with a little frown

"Of course. Like I was saying—"

I immediately put on the recorder on my phone and zoned out. Please don't blame me. I hate boring meetings and the man is a dick. I know I was late but it's the first time. And this idiot wants me sacked. Should I just end this..

A foot carefully kicking mine brought me out of my thoughts. I see Mr Chikwem glare at me.

Oh wow. He noticed I zoned out.

"So I hope you think it through and buy my hotel. It is new to you but it is good business. And maybe with time you will even consider buying a chain of hotels" the man finished. I'm sure he was proud of his speech which I didn't even listen to.

"Kaima what do you think?" Mr Chikwem asked.

Oh well here goes it. I hope I don't mess up. I cleared my throat and sat up.

"Sir, I want to bring to your notice that this hotel has almost shutdown. If you buy it, it will cost you a lot for the renovations. Also employing capable hands might be a bit difficult since we will want the best for this hotel to get back in there. Are you willing to spend that much? I know you have the connections to kick it back on it's feet but can we afford it right now?" I ask

Actually I know that what I mentioned will not be a problem. Even boss knows that. I just want this man to piss his pants coz no one wants to buy acquire any business that will do them no good. As if understanding my plan, Mr Chikwem nods and pretends to think for a while.

"We will get back to you by the end of today Mr Uzo. Please take care" Mr Chikwem told him and I almost laugh at the man's expression.

Mr Uzo glares at me before giving Mr Chikwem a tight smile.

"Okay. Thank you for your time" he replied and shook hands with Mr Chikwem then left.

I burst into a fit of laughter when I knew he was out of ear shot. I clutched my stomach as I laughed. It was good to mess with people. When I calmed down, I dabbed my eyes as I calmed my breath.