15

Remember I told Chizi to remind me to read a text? Well she never reminded me and now I'm lying on my bed and staring at my phone that is ringing. Johnson is the caller. I took a deep breath and picked the call.

"Kaima are you okay?" Johnson asked

"Hey. I'm okay" I replied

"Why didn't you reply my text since yesterday? I've been waiting for a reply since and it five pm right now. It's almost two days and you haven't replied my text? Did I do something? Are you angry with me? Have you even read it?" He asked.

Now he thinks he did something. Why didn't I check it then. What is wrong with me?

"I'm sorry. I haven't read it. I went to Chizi's place on Friday and I was with her and some friends through out yesterday so I couldn't check my phone" I replied

"And when did you come back?" He asked and I rolled my eyes

"Few minutes ago" I lie. I actually came back since morning but telling him that will worsen my situation. "I'm actually about to sleep"

"Okay. But I don't like that Chizi girl" he replied with distaste making me to sit up on my bed.

"Seriously? Not this again. We're having this conversation right now? Again? You haven't even given me a good reason why you hate her. Oh sorry, dislike her" I rubbed my forehead getting angry.

Why does he complain about Chizi? I don't choose his friends for him. Plus Chizi is a sweetheart.

"Your mum doesn't even like her and now because you were with her you totally ignored me yesterday" he replied

"Wow. So you hate my friend because my mum hates her. So now my mum is telling you who I should and should not be friends with? Unbelievable. And I didn't ignore you because of her. I said I was with friends." I'm trying my best to be calm but I don't think it's working.

"I didn't say that" he replied

"You are being biased. You have met the girl and she hasn't given you a reason to hate her. You hate her because my mum hates her and you want to be in my mum's good book because you are dating me." I noted and he went silent. "Oh my God I'm actually right." I gasp, surprised at his stupidity.

"Come on she's an actress and we all know how they behave. The sleep around and act irresponsibly. I don't want you living that lifestyle" he replied and I fumed.

"Jesus Christ. Johnson are you that stupid? Can you hear yourself? You hate her because she's an actress? So because she's an actress she's supposed to be irresponsible and a whore? And so you are scared that she'll pull me into that lifestyle? What an idiot. I have known Chizi all my life and she is not a whore. She's not irresponsible and even if she is don't you think if she was supposed to influence me it would have happened way before you met me? You know what? I don't even want to talk to you right now. You are so narrow minded" I yelled

"Kaima please wait. I'm sorry okay? I'm just worried about you that's all. I love you and I don't want to fight with you" he replied

"You loving me doesn't change what you just said John"

"Baby I know and I'm sorry I let your mum's choices affect mine. I'm sorry" he replied, sounding sad and I sighed.

"It's okay. My mum has that effect on people" I lay down back on my bed

"So did you have fun yesterday and who are the friends you were with?" He asked and I started fiddling with my covers. Picking the threads.

"Yes I had fun yesterday. Chizi even made me cook" I replied and he laughed.