21- The Turtle

(Season 2 x 10)

Katrina sits at the restaurant awaiting for Barry to arrive, and within minutes she hears the familiar whooshing of Barry arriving. Looking she sees him arrive with roses on fire, and she laughs. "You should know better Barry" she says as she helps him put the flowers out.
"Yeah..yeah I should've known" he says as he tosses the flowers on the ground and the two of them put them out.
"The flowers aren't important anyway" Katrina says to Barry smiling at him.

"Have I told you how lucky I am to have you in my life" Barry smiles at her.
"No I am lucky to have you Barry" she says to him, "When I left Gotham, I never thought I would have all of this again, and now here we are" she adds.
"Yeah, here we are" he say as suddenly they see the familiar blue lightning of Zoom appear, and Katrina is pulled away from Barry, and she screams. Barry chases after Zoom, as he holds Katrina over the ledge of the building.

"Flash, everything you have will be mine" Zoom turns to Barry saying as he stabs Katrina in the back, and then tosses her over the ledge, Katrina screams as she falls, reaching out for Barry as he reaches for her, and he can't get to her

Barry wakes up startled from the dream, and he looks over at Katrina, worry crossing his mind. Slowly Katrina opens her eyes, and sees Barry awake, "Hey... you okay?" Katrina asks him.

"Yeah, yeah, no, it's nothing. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you" he says as he puts his arm around her and pulls her close.
"You can talk to me, you know if something's bothering you" she says to him.
"I know, I know" he says as he kisses the top of her head, "Get some rest" he adds, as they close their eyes, and go back to sleep.

The next morning Barry leaves Katrina's place early telling her he would see her later. Worry grows inside Katrina and she texts Iris asking where she is, wanting to talk to her about Barry. Iris responds telling her she was at the precinct with her dad and Wally. Getting dressed, Katrina grabs her bag and heads over there, walking into the station she sees Wally leaving and goes over to Joe and Iris.

"Hey do you mind if I talk to you for a minute" Katrina says as she walks over to the two of them.
"Oh, okay what do you need?" Joe says to her.
"Actually I am talking to Iris, Joe" Katrina smiles.
"Right...I will...I actually have something to do" Joe says as he walks away.
"Want to go grab coffee?" Katrina says to Iris.
"I'd love too" Iris says as she links her arm in Katrina's and the two of them leave the station.

Katrina and Iris head off to Jitters, and order coffee; and go sit down, "So, I wanted to talk to you about Barry. I figured since you know all about Barry, you might be able to help me" Katrina says to her.
"You've known him for a long time too Kat" Iris says to her.
"I know, but you've known him forever. He's been having these bad dreams, but he won't talk to me about them" she says to her.

"Kat, you should know this, Barry has a bad habit of carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Burdens that aren't even his to bear" Iris says to her.
"Yeah but Iris, he knows he doesn't need to do that with me" Katrina says to her.
"Which is what you need to tell him" Iris says to her.