35-Dementors

Season 2 x 17

Katrina sits in a chair in the cortex, watching as Barry was once again at the board trying to find a way to get them faster. Cisco walks in the room, gasping as he sees Jay's helmet on the table nearby, causing him to drop some of the books in his hand, "Can we please get rid of Jay's helmet" he says to the two of them.

"No, sorry, it keeps me motivated" Barry tells him.
"I thought I kept you motivated" Katrina smiles at Barry, and Cisco just looks at her.
"Well, it's giving me day-mares" Cisco tells him as he then picks up the books he dropped, "This is everything I could find even remotely related to increasing speed" he says and Barry starts to take them, "How are these supposed to help apply the speed equation to you two?" Cisco asks him.

"The answer just has to be in here somewhere" Katrina says as she takes a book from Cisco and goes over beside Barry.
"I think I found something interesting" Caitlin says to them.
"Good interesting or bad interesting? Cause that word could go either way" Cisco remarks as she hands Barry her tablet.

"After running some comparative data, it appears that you, Katrina, Reverse-Flash and Zoom are moving your legs at essentially, the same speed" Caitlin explains as she brings her data up on the screen.
"Then why are they much faster than the two of us?" Katrina asks.
"Best I can tell, with each stride, their feet spend less time on the ground thus propelling them forward much faster" Caitlin says.
"By almost 30%" Barry says giving her the tablet back, "Great, all right, well we gotta make up that difference somehow" he says as he goes back to the books, and Katrina follows.
"Barry, Kat, look after what that monster did, I want to stop Jay just as badly as you do." Caitlin says to them and they just nod at her. "But what if the reason you haven't been able to run as fast as him yet is because you two just can't" she says this and they both look at her.

Barry and Katrina sit at the dining table, as they wait for dinner, "Barry, Kat you know what happened to Jay is neither of your fault, right?" Iris says as Joe pours them wine.
"Well, I should've known better" Barry says as he passes Katrina her wine glass and she takes a drink as he drinks from his.
"You? With Wells last year, I should've learned my lesson and dug deeper into Jay. But I didn't" Joe says as he sits down.

"Come on, Joe" Barry says crossing his arms

"Point being is, nobody saw this coming, nobody" Joe says to him, as the oven timer then goes off and Joe leaves.
Iris looks at the two of them, as Joe is in the kitchen, "So, I kind of went on a date" she tells them.
"Really, with who?" Katrina asks him.
"The new editor at CCPN. Scott Evans" she tells her.

"Your boss?" Barry says to her.
"Okay, I'm...it wasn't like that. He's a really nice guy, he's sweet, and smart, and..." she stops.
"What?" Barry asks her.
"I just...it all makes me think about Eddie. I think about him every day, Kat, Barry. It just feels wrong" she says to them.

"Iris, Eddie would want you to try and find love again, we know that for a fact" Katrina tells her.
"Yeah, I know but" she starts.
"Look, Iris, you're the only person who's gonna know when you're ready to move on. But until then, don't keep yourself completely closed off, you know? You're gonna miss out on something great" Barry tells her.