Good at Being Friends

Lyric POV

It's been about 3 1/2 weeks since the debacle at Sue's and besides mommy and Remy I've avoided everyone. I just need to focus on school and my baby. I haven't spoken to Kyst and this is the longest we've gone without speaking. I mean he still picks London up and drops him off, but we've been communicating through Remy and text.

I get to class and I'm called to the Dean's office.

"Hello Ms.Fyre, it's always a pleasure to see you!"
"You too, Dean Freeman." I smile politely. "Is there a reason I've been summoned?" Confused as to why I'm here.
"Oh yes my apologies for pulling you from class, but our captain of the football team Maverick DiRichie is in dire need of a Biology tutor. You are the ONLY one I can think of that can get him in shape to pass as not to interfer with his GPA to try out for spring tryouts for the draft."
"Shit!" I mumble to myself, "Umm, can I get back to you by tonight. Its just that I have a lot on my plate right now." I answer truthfully.
"Of course. I know he'd greatly appreciate it."
"Ok, thank you. I'll be in touch." I say leaving his office.

God can this crazy shit end?! Just then I get a text from the surgery scheduler at the hospital. She tells me that there's an emergency general surgery that they need my assitance on. Plus they're willing to pay me triple my rate.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I sigh knowing I need the money and experience. Unfortunately I know Remy works tonight and mommy has been helping out so much with London. So I bite the bullet and call him. It rings and rings and goes to voicemail.

"You know what to do at the beep. I'll hit you back." Kyst' voicemail plays through the phone. I hang up before it beeps and send a text instead.

 I hang up before it beeps and send a text instead

Just as it sends my phone rings.

"What?"

"God he's such a fucking asshole!" I think to myself and take a deep breath.

"I have an emergency surgery I'm going to assist with tonight an-"
"What time?" He rudely interrupts me.
"Regular. When should I ge-"
"Don't. I got my son. He can stay at my house. Is that all?" He coldly interupts.

I'm so hurt I just hang up. I can't believe almost a month later and Kyst is still treating me like this. I shake it off and head to my last class for the night. After it's done I call the dean to let him know my final decision.

"Hello, Dean Freeman. I'll do the tutoring assignment, with Maverick."
"Wonderful! I'll let him know!"
"Ok, have a great night!"

I rush to the hospital to scrub in. When I get home, 5 hours later I'm exhausted. Thank God I'm ahead in my class tomorrow and I'm exempt in my midterms because I'm sleeping in. When I finally wake up the next day its 2pm. I check my phone and I have a missed call from Kyst and a few texts. One from a number I don't know. So I check it.

 So I check it