5

Jay

As I drove to school, I couldn't stop thinking about the accident. I tried calling Sunghoon but he's not answering making me more anxious. My phone has been bombarded with messages from the CSC but I just can't brush off the feeling of worry and . . fear.

I don't know but I have been worried the moment we drove to school and the accident that the officer told me makes my heart pound faster and I don't know it's just, I felt like something is wrong.

With that in mind, instead of driving to school, I drove to the scene instead. When I got there, I saw the car and the truck but what really make me go weak is the sight of the car, it's so wrecked and that car, I know who owns it. I step closer convincing myself it's just the same car but the moment I saw the sunflower keychain dangling from the bag an officer was holding, I cried.

Immediately, I enter the car and drove to the hospital.

"Please let this be a nightmare"

I drove fast not caring about if I speed past the limit. I need to get there.

Upon arrival, I ran inside and head straight to the emergency room where I saw my brother sitted on the floor near the door as tears continuously fall on his face.

"Sunghoon"

I approach him and I saw a nameplate he is firmly clutching in his fist.

"This can't be real. . . "

He whispers that over and over again as if an alarm on repeat. I walk up to him as I pull him in an embrace.

This sight of him is so heartbreaking and I want as much to help him but I know for myself, I don't know how.

"Sunoo ya..  .. Please stay. . . you don't want to leave hyung right? Please"

I let my tears fall.

After a few minutes, the doctor arrived as me and Sunghoon immediately stood up

"How is he?"

Sunghoon immediately asked as we heard footsteps approaching. I think they may be the truck driver's family.

"Who's related to the man?"

"Us doctor. How is he?"

The doctor gave a sad sigh and that is when we knew, the truck driver didn't make it. His family was crying in front of us as they try to comfort each other.

"Jay hyung!"

I turn around and saw Jungwon running towards us with Sunoo's mom behind him. I immediately pull him in for a hug as I cried. Sunghoon ran to Sunoo's mom.

"As for the student, he's responding but still in a critical condition. I want to assure - - -"

"Doctor we have an emergency!!"

The said doctor immediately enter the room as we are left without a clue.

Sunghoon

The relief was so short and I want to just enter the room but I know I can't, I trust them that they'll do a good job and make Sunoo stay.

"Hey sunshine, please stay with me OK? Fight please"

I am shaking as we anxiously wait and after a few minutes, the doctor came out with a sad look on his face.

No. . please.

"I'm sorry. He was critical and . . .he . .. He didn't make it. . ."

I couldn't take this anymore, he's lying.