34

Jake

He smiled and I froze.

This is him. The boy that Sunghoon has loved too deep.

What do I expect?

That Sunghoon actually will accept a murderer like me over this almost perfect boy like Sunoo?

The picture I saw can't even justify how beautiful he looks up close.

I didn't realize, a tear fell down my face as I recall the face of Sunghoon when I confess to him. He looks confused and doubtful. He's probably thinking, why would I date a criminal?

"You're really pretty.  ."

I blurted out and he laughs. Even his laughs are melodic.

"Please . . I know . . "

His confidence is on another level too.

"Stop comparing yourself with me. . . "

Yeah coz I'm no match to you.

We sat on the root of the tree as he turn to me.

"Wow . . you're so beautiful. . "

My eyes widen as he smiled.

"Really . . I'm not kidding. I don't compliment often so accept it."

"Oh . thank you . you're more beautiful tho"

He pouted.

"I said stop comparing us. And don't doubt everything about yourself. Tell me how are you and Sunghoon?"

His eyes sparkle with curiosity.

"I messed up. . that's all. . now he don't want me in his life anymore. . "

He sighed.

"You know what, let me tell you this. . you're Sunghoon's soulmate. At first I thought it was me but when I died and he starts to fall for you, I realized you're his soulmate. . . when we're dating, we have many similarities as differences, so as you but our difference is that we clash with it. . but you, your differences with each other completed both. . I don't like to go with him during his ice skating practice, I dont like to wait haha, but he accepted me still. . . "

I can't believe this.

"You might be wondering, how did we last? Well Sunghoon made us last. I think my personality is his opposite. . every time we had fights. . he always the one to apologize. . and I always say Thanks. . I think I'm not being fair actually and I'm guilty. . I'm kinda happy you came. . you brought him back to life. . "

"Sunoo . . you don't understand. . Sunghoon is almost perfect and I'm a criminal. . why would we be perfect?"

He look at me, his eyes became sharp making me gulp.

Man was he scary.

"One thing I can tell you, if Sunghoon said he loves you, he meant it. Don't even doubt it. . will you really believe that he will drive you away because of this? Jake . . even in afterlife I can tell that he loves you . . and please don't ever and I mean ever compare yourself with me. I'm his ex and I'm dead. I'm part of Sunghoon's past and memory but you .  .you're part of his heart and his life. I don't know what you've been through but please, you know you love him . . don't give up and let those demons win. They don't want you to be happy."

I don't know why but my tears are now falling down non stop. I can't believe it. If Sunoo meant what he said . .  then Sunghoon really can still love me?