14

Jake

It's already midnight and here I am, eyes open like its midday. I just finished the book a while ago although I am mad and sad that I was spoiled to what will happen to the two love birds in the story, it was fine. I mean, Sunghoon obviously didnt mean it and it is also silly of me to think of being mad at him. Plus he sent like numbers of apologies to me so who am I to get mad right? Speaking of Sunghoon, the event in the rooftop still lingers in my memory like a movie on repeat.

How his tears fall nonstop, the way his eyes from happiness turn to pain and sadness in a few seconds and how weak he looks at that time is so sad to look at. I mean, Jay mentioned to me before how Sunghoon lost someone very special to him in a car crash to which I assume as to why he looks so broken when I first saw him that night I came to Jay's house. Although I don't know the whole thing of what happened before, I can feel how paindu it is for him to loose this someone. His special someone.

I should know, I've been through that.

I came here not only for my mom to freely date the guy who makes her happy after all these years but also in hopes of freeing myself from my horrid past. I came hear to heal, hopefully to fix this broken self called me. I want to be truly happy with someone to call Friends. I came here because I also want to let go of the past that's been holding me back to moving forward. But the thing is, I don't know how. I don't even know how to deal with my nightmares and constant hallucinations.

"Of course you don't know how, you're as useless as a white crayon to the paper by the way. Plus at your state, you're so weak. Who would want someone like you as their friend? Someone like you who's more broken than a pulverized glass."

STOP

"You can't escape."

Those voices rings in my head as I tried to block them by thinking of other things.

Stop please

They still go on, doing what they do best, pulling me down. They don't stop. Tears are already falling down my face as I heard their laughter ringing in my ears.

Just then, a humming came visible in my ears as it made it's way to block those nasty sounds. Who's humming? I closed my eyes as I focus on the soft and soothing voice. I started to calm my breathing as the humming got louder as if someone is humming next to my ear. Those voices are kept in silence as the humming filled my hearing and my mind. I smiled when I felt calm now. Maybe if I lessen my thoughts or what I'm thinking, those memories won't pop out from nowhere.

I open my eyes and to my horror, I saw them. They are all standing around me as they walk closer and closer to me. I started to shake as my palms get sweaty. Tears fall on my face as they gave me that monstrous smile they always give me every time. As one of them reach out his hand to me, I want to scream but no voice came out my mouth.

My eyes went to my open door as it gave me a sense of hope that maybe I can escape them.

"Don't even think of running"

I can hear them again as they inch closer.

I heard a door open and I saw Sunghoon came out his room and that alone gave me enough strength to throw them a pillow and ran outside my room straight to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon

My eyes widen when Jake suddenly ran from his room and hug me as he cries hard burying his face on my chest as his arms tighten around my waist. I can feel his body trembling so I wrap my right arm around him as my other hand played with his hair. Don't blame me, that's how I always get comfort from my mom and Jay, so I thought it would also work on him.