11

Jake

I want to slap myself at the moment Sunghoon's eyes met mine. I admit that I was staring at him but I am watching him.

There's a difference right?

When I woke up from my long nap, I saw Sunghoon on the other couch and he looks really focused. The way his fingers glide on those keys and how his forehead creased when he's thinking. If I could only let out a laugh, I would when he fall back in despair a few minutes later.

But as I am enjoying the sight of him, he suddenly turn to my side, meeting my eyes making me jump in surprise as I hid behind the blanket. I think he noticed I am staring.

Jake that's so embarrassing

He let out a laugh when I peep from the blanket. After a few minutes he went back to his work and I then noticed how he kept looking at his work on his laptop so I slowly walk beside him and look at his work.

"I lack 13 words, can you help me?"

I smiled at his problem as me myself also had that problem before in my home school.

Yup, since I lost my voice I have to be homeschooled. My mom wants to send me to a school for students with special needs but I didn't last long there so I was just home schooled. I graduated actually, my tutor said I am an advanced student.

If only I can talk,. . .

I grab the laptop as I read through it, constantly deleting some words and re wording them. His paper is good actually, the way he introduced it and then went on to explain it then finally concluding it was amazing.

I smiled as I manage to finish with more than 2,000 words before handing him back his laptop.

My heart skip when I look at how his face literally lit up with the sight of the word count. I felt my cheek warm up. I stood up and went back to the other couch before grabbing the book to read where I left of.

Wait . . .

I fell asleep when I'm reading this right? . .

I saw the bookmark placed in between the pages.

I look at Sunghoon who just gave me a smile.

"You're asleep when I got back. You look confused, are you ok?"

I nodded as I look at the pages and read again.

If I fell asleep, I just hope I didn't have a nightmare or a panic attack. I always have those when I fall asleep and I really hope I didn't this time. I don't want Sunghoon to see me as a weakling, hopefully.

I just have a really sad past and im trying to be strong.

My tears are threatening to fall so I just focus on the book. But unfortunately, this scene in the story is so sad.

"He was close to ending his performance but as he spins in the air gracefully, he falls on ice tragically.

The audience were loud that no one heard his cries when he fall on the ice.

Tears are streaming down his face when the pain on his right foot was extreme.

But there's something even more painful and that is his thought that he will not be able to walk or skate the usual anymore."

"Jake, are you ok?"

I wipe my tears as I smiled at him and showed him the book. He let out a laugh when he saw the page. I guess he read this before then.