23

Jake

I am playing with the two puppies as Sunghoon asked me to wait as he prepare breakfast. Jay is with Jungwon and I can sense that something is wrong and that something is going on between the two of them. I do hope they're not breaking up. They're the cutest couple I know and they really suit each other.

"Puppy, come on now . . . I also have something to tell you"

I smiled as the two real puppies walk downstairs. He told me he will really call me that nickname since it suits me. So in return, I refer to him as Penguin. It's actually fun and cute at the same time making me hope again. Hoping that this is not a one sided love just like what Jay told me is painful.

Our talk last night really made us more comfortable with each other. Now I know his other side and he knows mine. We both had our losses and I believe we have more to share.

When I got to the dinning room, I saw him looking at his phone. He looks sad.
I softly tap him on the shoulder as he look at me.

"Let's eat now. We'll go to Jungwon and Jay today."

He gave me a sad smile before slowly eating his food.

After breakfast, we left the house and our dogs under the care of two house helpers. As Sunghoon begin to drive, he looks so nervous. Why? I didn't know what to do.

We stopped on red light as I contemplate to either hold his hand or just stay put.

We started moving again and without thinking I slowly grab his hands as he look at me. I smiled and so is he. As his eyes focus on the road, I felt him intertwine our fingers.

When we stopped, he turn off the engine and my eyes widen at where we are.

A hospital?

When we got out the car, he again hold my hand as we walk inside. My heart pounded as we reach a door.

When we enter, I saw a heartbreaking sight.

Jungwon is lying on the hospital bed as Jay laid on his hand. He looks tired.

"Jay. ."

Letting go of my hand, Sunghoon look at me before approaching Jay.

"You're here . . ."

"What hapened?"

Jay sighed before I walk closer.

"Jungwon. . . he's been sick. . but . . but I didn't even realize. . he didnt tell us . . now he's in danger."

Jay is crying and that's the second time I've seen him cry hard like that. The first time being when he visit me and spoke about Sunghoon's attempted suicide.

I just hugged him as I tried not to break down.

"What did the doctors say?"
Sunghoon asked.

I released from the hug as I just held his hands.

"Stomach cancer. . . the reason his stomach grew . . is because of the tumor that's growing inside. . .heck I don't even know those things exist. .  . the doctors said this is already there for long . . his mom said, . . her mother died due to the same disease. . I can't . . . I can't loose him . . the doctors said it still has hope . . he still can live . . but its a thin line . . its either he'll die or he'll live. . "

I don't know what to do or what to say. I just sat there not knowing what to do to even help him make it through.

"Jay hyung?. . "