.2.

As we pulled up to the diner Mia swung around the store and parked in the back like she always did.
Walking up to the side door of the diner, we saw a familiar sight. Harrys garage doors were open and the mechanics were hard a work. I didn't notice any of the gang over their but I did see Harry and the familiar face of someone else.
He had a mix of light and dirty blonde hair that paired decently with his bright blue eyes. No idea who he was but he started working at Harrys a few months ago, according to Mia, and has been in here almost every day the past few weeks.
"Looks like we might have company." I stated to Mia as she unlocked the door to the diner.
Whoever he was noticed we were coming in. His eyes went from the car engine in front of him and onto us.
"You might have developed a secret admirer Mia. I jested slightly as she pushed open the door.
"Or maybe you have." She witted back with a sly smile.
"That's not funny." I furrowed my brow as we entered in the small diner and began setting up.
"Oh come on CJ. Tell me you aren't that blind."
I rolled my eyes, "He's into you not me." I insisted while pulling down the bar stools.
"He never started coming in here until you started working here."
"Oh bullshit."
"I bet you 50$ bucks that he asks you out and not me."
"Fine." I placed my hands squarely on hips, "Your on."
She chuckled to herself for a moment and I hoped that would be the end of the antagonizing but I was wrong, "You know," she began and I immediately wanted to shut her up.
"That you're annoying." I added sarcastically while dusting my hands off.
She gave a fake laugh before continuing, "If you actually served a customer or two you'd probably be able to tell when their interested."
I leaned against the bar for a moment before shooting her a slight glare.
"Don't push me Mia."
"Charlie."
"I said No Mia."
The pressing was starting to piss me off plus it hurt. I didn't want to be involved with anyone so I wish she would just leave things alone.
I continued to hover over the bar looking down at its dusty surface. I felt her place a hand on my shoulder before asking, "Are you okay?"
I looked up into her deep brown eyes with light hazel ones.
"You know how I feel about these sort of things." Mia nodded and leaned her head against mine.
"It's not that scary you don't always need to be so guarded."
"Yeah well, even if I wanted to Dom would kill me so."
She chuckled and smiled brightly, "Oh come on he's not that bad."
"To you." I witted back quickly. She laughed again which caused a smile to break across my face.
"His mentality is that if he can't me have no one can."
Mia's mouth widened at my comment and she shook her head in disbelief.
"I'm serious Mia nobody notices it or believes it."
"Because it's not true! It's not like that at all."
"Wanna bet another 50$ on it?"
"Come on now."
"I'm being serious."
"Okay, I'm down but I still think you're wrong." With that we shook hands and continued setting up.
________________________________
Things went slow as they always did. The diner part was never busy but the bar was always crowded. I dusted off the bar top for, probably, the 10th time in the past two hours. There was nothing else to do. Mia sat in a corner flipping through some random magazines when the ringing off the front bell caught both of our attention.
I think we both looked up him at the same time but by the time I turned to find Mia she had disappeared into one of the back rooms, most likely the kitchen. Little freaking witch and traitor.
He came in with a bright smile and a magazine like most days and took a seat at the bar a few stools up from where I'd been dusting. I knew the only way I could get Mia to drop this "he likes you" crap was to take it head on. If I backed out she'd take it as some sign I was interested even though she knew I wasn't. The only guys I found acceptable to be keep company with were Dom and others on the team but even many of them have their jerky moments.
"Tuna right?" I asked without any emotion as I chucked the dust rag into a bin behind the bar.
"Depends." He smile brightly for a second, "How is it?"
"It sucks as usual." I shrugged slightly ignoring the bright smile he continued to give me.
"I'll have it." He added with another small smile his bright blue eyes looking intently into mine. I gave small nod before turning around and going through the door.
I barely had time to exhale before Mia shoved a plate in my hand. Ugly tuna sandwich and all.
"Can I breathe a second please?"
She gave my arm a firm shove, "I told you he was into! BS on him liking me he hasn't taken his eyes off you since he walked in."
"And who gives a crap!" I loudly whispered though I really wanted to just yell at her.
"Your sister does, I like him, and he's super cute."
"Doesn't change the fact that I don't know who the hell he freaking is. And if you keep shoving this in my face I'm going to tell Dom on you."
"You'd seriously rat me out to me?" She crossed her arms over her chest looking completely offended by the idea.
"Frick yeah."
"Fine." She sassed unfazed, "Tell him and don't think about trying to sway Letty on this either because she'll be on my side."
The sudden sound of reving engines signaled that the gang was dropping by. I hated letting her get the last jab in. This conversation wasn't over I was going to prove her wrong.
________________________________
As Mia and I emerged through the door a slight spark of annoyance and anxiety hit when I saw Vince sit down immediately next to the new guy. Mia and I exchanged glances before approaching them. I set the sandwich down in front of blue eyes and gave a half smile towards Vincent.
Jesse and Leon waved at Mia and I before heading into the back office. Letty came around the bar-side, "Ladies." She greeted with a casual smile towards Mia and I before heading herself. My assumption was that Dom was already seated back there.
"Vince." I called out to him when I saw his face continue to harden.
"Vince." Mia called out too but he ignored her as well. The blonde guy gave us both each a smile as he finished his sandwich. Which really seemed to piss Vince off. I could see the adrenaline already starting to pump through his veins. I looked quickly back at Mia and could see she had a slight worried expression.
"You look good Mia." Vince attempted to speak in calm  voice as he gave her a head nod.
"You two Jade." His eyes made contact with mine for a second or two before they trailed down my body and back up it. I hated when he did that.
"Thanks for the sandwich." Blue eyes suddenly got up from his seat and set some money on the bar top.
"See you tomorrow Mia." He gave her a small nod before looking back to me. My lips formed into a soft smile when his eyes met mine. There was some kind of welcoming warmness that was in those crisp and cool blue eyes. I wonder why he chose here of all places to be.
As he exited the diner Vince immediately flew up from his seat pissed beyond imagine. This obviously wasn't going to end well but least it would be entertaining.

"Yo!" Vince hollered out to him as they exited through the front door. I quickly followed behind them to get a good view. Now the shift gets interesting. Mia ran up immediately next to me shooting her eyes between the back office where Dom and the gang was and the front door.
This was the big difference between me and her. When it came to fights she hated them. Me, I find them amusing and entertaining especially between two cocky dudes who think they are the absolute shit. Sure it was stupid and I don't put up with people's bull either but these things can be really funny at times. I wanted to wait this one out.
"Try Fatburger from now on!" Vince continued to yell as I moved towards the front door to get a better look.
"You can get a double-cheese with fries for 2.95$."
The next thing Vince called him had me choked up a bit in laughter. Mia looked at me anxiously but I shook my head as a signal for her to calm down. Someone's ass was about to get whooped and I wanted to see.
"I like the tuna here." replied the tall blonde haired and blue eyed guy as he approached his car.
"Bullshit asshole! No one likes the tuna here!" Vince was in a mad fit of rage. I could see him getting ready to explode any second.
"Yeah while I do," witted the new guy and just like that the brawl broke out.
Vince grabbed ahold of the blonde guy and shoved him against the car. My eyes widened a bit and couldn't help but smile as blondie shoved him back and knocked him a firm one in the jaw. Vince proceeded to drag the blonde guy to the ground kicking and punching him.
"That's it." I heard Mia call from the behind the bartop. She repeatedly beat on the window of the room Dom and Letty were in. "Would you get out here Dom! I'm sick of this bullshit!"
"But it's just starting to get good." I chuckled leaning back and forth each time one of them took a swing.
"I'm not kidding Dom get out there!" Mia hollered again with one last bang.
I took a guess that Mia's venting got Dom up when I heard the office door open.
Mia scurried past him and stood next to me. Dom smirked as the two continued to roll around in the dust. Letty came on the other side of Dom. She rolled her eyes as soon as she saw the squabble.
Dom placed an arm around my waist and Lettys, "What'd you put in that sandwich?" he nodded towards me and I quickly pointed at Mia, "Hey man she made it. Leave me out of this one."
Mia scoffed, "Oh That's really funny Charlie." Dom chuckled before proceeding outside to break up the tantrum and us girls followed him.
"This is what you get for trying to start shit." I said to Mia as we came outside. She scoffed again but I held my hand up stopping her from replying but it partially true.
_____________________________________
Jesse and Leon stood there kind of dumbfounded when they came outside. Letty and Mia was over the shit and I was on the fence between amusement and total annoyance.
Dom immediately charged over to the two guys ripping Vince away as forced himself in between the two of them.
"Hey man! He was in my face." The new blood defended with his hands in the air.
"I'm in your face!" Shouted Dom as he stepped closer.
Vince tried to make another charge but Dominic had enough. Dom shoved him backwards a few times while Leon and Jesse both ran forward to grab ahold of Vincent.
"Don't push it! You embarrass me!" Dom shouted while pointing at Vince. Vince scowled his gaze directly shooting past Dom and towards the new guy.
"About time someone said it." I murmured to Mia and proceeded to twirl my hair a little bit. She gave me a quick jab in the ribs.
"Jesse give me the wallet." I hadn't even noticed anything on the ground but Jesse quickly picked up a brown leather wallet and passed it over to Dom. Dom opened up the wallet and read out the license, "Brian Earl Spilner. Sounds like a serial killer name, is that what you are?"
I with held a snort at Doms accusation and was glad to learn Brians name now.
"No man." Brian defended again as he took his wallet back.
"Don't come around here again!" Dom continued forcefully and I saw Mia's eyes widened a bit at the sudden claim of banishment but I wasn't at all surprised.
"Hey Man, you know this is bullshit." Brian tried arguing back as Dom walked away.
Dom swiftly turned around and pointed at him, "You work at Harrys?"
"Yeah just started."
"Well, you were just fired?"
Mia's jaw dropped slightly as I pressed my lips and shifted my gaze from Brian and to the dusty street.
I looked over at Mia as we walked away and gave her serious and knowing look.
I tried warning her Dom would end this guy but she refused to listen to me.
Brian proceeded to stare at us but I averted my gaze.
"Lets go." Dom ordered. Letty and I went immediately by his side and Mia and the boys followed slowly behind us.