【Chapter 6】

ஜ۞ஜ

   ஜ۞ஜ 

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

The morning rays peaked from the mountains as they poured onto the tavern and pierced through the windows making a beautiful display of light orange stay still on the tavern floor.

Opening her eyes (Y/n) glanced over at the sleeping Meliodas who was behind her and sighed. 'This kid... he looks like a young child who can't sleep without his parents. Though, I don't think you can even call him a child from his... perverted tendencies.' (Y/n) thought and stared back at the ceiling with a bored expression.

Getting up (Y/n) made sure that her movements didn't wake up Meliodas as she carefully got out of the blankets and onto the cold wooden ground. Shivering (Y/n) got up and walked towards the door and walked out onto the dark hallway and went downstairs.

Looking around (Y/n) spotted the kitchen and walked inside and went searching for some food only to find none. Groaning (Y/n) grabbed a piece of chocolate from the freezer and walked over towards a table and sat down.

Opening the wrapper (Y/n) placed it onto the table and bit down on the already gooey chocolate and hummed in satisfaction. 

"I see you're enjoying yourself, Lady (Y/n)." Turning her head around (Y/n) spotted Elizabeth with a nightgown. (Y/n) nodded, "This chocolate is good," Breaking off a piece of the chocolate she outstretched her hand towards her and waved it around. "you should try some." (Y/n) offered her. Elizabeth chuckled and gracefully sat down on the seat next to her and grasped the melting chocolate while having a grateful smile. 

"Thank you, Lady (Y/n)." Elizabeth thanked her and bowed her head. (Y/n) stared at her silver hair in wonder. "No need, and please stop calling me 'Lady (Y/n)', it's weird." Biting off another piece of chocolate (Y/n) let it stayed there melting before chewing it. 

Elizabeth smiled at her and nodded, "If you say so, (Y/n)." Smiling, Elizabeth looked down at her piece and bit onto it. Glancing over at the rising sun (Y/n) slightly smiled. "Hey, Eli? How did you sleep?" (Y/n) questioned her and licked one of her fingers due to the amount of melted chocolate.

Elizabeth looked up from her piece and smiled back at her. "I slept better than I have in days. Thanks to finding the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins, Meliodas, so soon." Elizabeth smiled fondly at the recent memory. 

Looking back at the silver-haired girl (Y/n) thought of what she said. "How did you sleep, (Y/n)?" This time, Elizabeth asked the question. Memoires of Meliodas coming into her room and deciding to sleep there accompanied by her headache made (Y/n) feel slightly dizzy. "I slept alright, not good but not bad." (Y/n) responded, but of course that was a lie. 

Elizabeth hummed and gulped down the last bit of her chocolate and got up from her seat and turned towards (Y/n) who was still eating her share. "(Y/n), I hope we meet success in the future together!" Elizabeth exclaimed with determination burning like a large fire inside her eyes. 

In response to Elizabeth's proclamation (Y/n) lazily raised her arm and formed a fist bump. "Yay." (Y/n) tone was lackluster but was enough for her. Smiling brightly at the bored female Elizabeth hugged her from the front and backed away as soon as she heard footsteps heading down the stairs. 

"(Y/n)? Why did you not wake me up? Oh, hey." Meliodas glanced over at Elizabeth before looking back at (Y/n) with puppy dog eyes. Blinking comically at him (Y/n) huffed and turned her head around and pulled out an apple from her bag. 

Biting into it crunching noises could be heard as his only answer. Sighing, Meliodas saw Hawks getting up from his resting place and trotting towards them. "Good morning, everyone!" Hawks cheerfully greeted them and made his way towards (Y/n) once he spotted the shiny red apple. 

"(Y/n), mind if you allow a friend of yours to help you get rid of the fruit?" Hawks offered, though it was ignored by the overpowered female. Huffing, Hawks trotted over towards Elizabeth and began to complain about not getting an apple while Elizabeth tried to comfort him. 

'Damn pig thinks he can get my apples for free? No, this could have been an opportunity to get some extra cash.' (Y/n) sulked and threw away her apple core into the trash and made a 'thunk' sound. 

Getting away from the counter Meliodas came up to them with two cups of beers while having a broad smile on his face. Turning towards (Y/n) Meliodas outstretched his arms towards her that held the second cup of beer. "Here you go, (Y/n)! Nothing like a nice cold beer in the early morning!" Meliodas cheered at took a big swing before looking back at her with expectant eyes.

Frowning (Y/n) pushed away the cup of beer and held up the cup of water that she had somehow gotten. "No thanks, already got something to drink." (Y/n) neglected his offer and took another gulp of some good H2O.

Meliodas whined and set the neglected cup onto the table. Elizabeth smiled at this and patted her back, "Good job, (Y/n)! It's bad to drink so early in the morning!" Elizabeth praised her while (Y/n) was thinking about the different discounts she could find on the trip. 

Suddenly something snapped inside of her as (Y/n) quickly turned her head towards Elizabeth with urgent eyes. "Elizabeth, please tell me we're going to get paid for all of this!" (Y/n) pleaded. Cocking her head to the side Elizabeth gave her an apologetic look. "Nope! Me allowing you to stay should be your allowance!" Meliodas grinned up at her. 

(Y/n) groaned, "Then me even staying here was a waste." Putting her head on top of the wooden table (Y/n) sat there for a minute or two before Melidoas decided to break the ice. "You can borrow some of the tavern money whenever you need it." Meliodas suggested making (Y/n) features light up. 

"Thank you, Meli. I will never forget your kindness." (Y/n) bowed deeply making all three of them sweatdrop at how low she went. Blushing Meliodas tried to form a sentence but found it hard. "W-Well, I think we should get on with finding one of the sins, r-right?" Meliodas stumbled over his words as his blush started to slightly go down. 

Hawk and (Y/n) nodded, "The sooner, the better." (Y/n) whispered under her breath. "Let's show them what the faithful followers of Hawkism, which is me, can do!" Hawks began to laugh like a villain but halfway there he began to cough on a gulp of oxygen. 

Meliodas cleared his throat and walked outside of the tavern with everyone following behind. 

"There it is my friend, the Forest of White Dreams. Hope we see a sin there." Meliodas laughed. Then all four of them began to walk inside the foggy forest.

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)