【Chapter 18】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"The Fighting Festival elimination round will now begin!" Hearing the loud, squeaky voice of the floating being (Y/n) raised her gaze to view him from her apple, her ordinary (E/c) eyes instantly catching the floating being's own stare. Both of them stared at each other acutely, intensely. Neither of them looked away or even sought to as sparks seemed to travel between them, their faces monotone and indecipherable.

Breaking away from the staring contest (Y/n) stared back down at her plump apple, already done with speculating why the floating creature was sporting an oversized helmet. Perhaps it was because he was bald? Or had a terrible hair day? Either both (Y/n) could only relate to the latter, I mean; how could she ever be bald?

Noticing that the mysterious female wasn't looking at him anymore made him jerk out of his blank stupor and made him promptly grasp where he was and what he had to do.

Coughing in his fist-formed hand, the floating creature put back his trademark smile, his miniature arms outstretching once more. Now floating higher, this captured the attention of everybody circling the round battle grounds.

"Fighters, step into the ring!" Love Helm instructed aloud, his enthusiastic voice exciting everyone in the crowd as all the aspirant participants strode into the now cramped ring.

"That little punk..."

Watching as Meliodas hopped on top of the platform (Y/n) glanced down at the floor to see that it was merely a few inches high, making her finally realize how tiny and frail-looking Meliodas seemed. 'Wonder what his skincare routine must be. I mean, that guy looks like a nine-year-old.' (Y/n) considered absentmindedly as she continued gawking at the ground only for the tender push of King to snatch her out of her trance.

"Come on, human! You're making me regret coming here in the first place already!" King huffed in discontent, preferring to stay by the side of the giantess as a regretful look crossed his features. Peering over her shoulder to look at the male (Y/n) swiftly approached him from behind and set him in a headlock, nudging his hair, making some strands of hair stand up.

"Loosen up, Fake Fairy, we're fighting after all, so this should be a proper way to blow off some steam. With you and your giant tittie kink." (Y/n) whispered the last part in his ear and dashed away, treading onto the platform with a basic expression on her face as she shoved her hands inside her front pockets.