{Chapter 1}

POV/Evanna Whitlock

Ughhh I really don't feel like getting up today all l want to do is sleep all day coiled up in my comfy sheets.

"EVANNA turn off that damn alarm clock" my aunt yells from her room.
"OK!!"Probably got woken up by the annoying piece of shit as well.

I've been living with my aunt for the last two years,my parents aren't dead but they are at the top of the food chain when in the business world.I left to live with my aunt because I didn't want to feel pressured into fitting in the "higher" class ,ever since l was a kid I never thought of myself any higher than anyone else it's kind of my thing which has led to a lot of people telling me that that's a weak quality for someone from my family.

Either way, I prefer staying here in my room making millions of dollars with only few phone calls, I guess you can say I have made a few connection since moving here to New York with my aunt.

After a good 20 minutes I finally get out of bed and walk over to the bathroom to brush my teeth,do my skincare routine and fresh-in up for the day.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and l turn around to see Sofia our house cleaner she in her late 40s and she pretty much does everything for us.

" I ironed your uniform for you"
"Thank you Sofia" l take the uniform which l hate there sooo uncomfortable especially the skirt it's just too short in my opinion.

She nods and walks out of the room.

l getting dressed,put my hair up into a ponytail and slipping on my shoesThis year is going to be my junior year of high school though lm very gifted and was able to skip many grades collage l transferred into High school as a sophomore wanting to enjoy a little bit of that high school experience before l can't anymore.Which was a mistake because last year was just filled with a bunch of boring classes and tutoring kids,but it did give me a really good excuse to do things that l like more including expanding my billion dollar business.

'"Come on Eve l have to get to the restaurant by 7:40am" my aunt says as l walk past her in the living room

"Alright let me just go grab something to eat"

"Yeah ok hun just hurry up ok" she says looking down at her phone.

I nod even though she's not looking my way and make my way towards the kitchen.When l get to the kitchen l see a decent looking apple on the counter,l reach for it deciding to just eat it since I'm in a rush,as soon as l grab the apple the kitchen chef places a  tray of freshly baked chocolate croissants right next too my hand.I look at the apple in my hand and but it back down and reach for the chocolate croissant.l look up at the chef  with a thankful look in my eyes.

"I couldn't let you eat a apple for breakfast could l" he says with a small smile.

"You know me to well" l say while I take a bite from the delicious croissant.

"l know,l know.Now go your aunt will leave you behind if you don't take to long" he says.

"Thank you" l say and rush to the elevator.

I live in a New York penthouse so l don't exactly have a 'front door'.When l get to the elevator my aunt is already there waiting for me, we both enter the elevator without saying a word to each other as she presses the button for the parking lot.We stand there in silence waiting for the elevator doors to open while I finish eating my croissant.
Soon enough the elevator doors open.

" goodbye sweetheart ,oh and don't get into any trouble" my aunt says as she steps out of the elevator finally looking up from her phone to walk as she makes her may to her car.The doors close before I could even say anything and I hit the button for the lobby.

I have never actually made any trouble at school,I'm always just the quiet kid in the corner which l like since I don't like being the center of attention when it comes to anything,not because l get nervous or scared when the room has their eyes on me,but l have just always thought that attention makes you less powerful

When the elevator stops l quickly make my way through the lobby and make my way to the front doors of the building,before I can step out out of the building lm greeted by the receptionist.She absolutely hates me,not because my parents own Half of everything actually no one knows that my parents own half of everything.It's some sort of tradition in my family we aren't announced to the public until we turn 18,mostly for safety reasons.Though l still have my last name seeing as though it's not very rare to have the last name Whitlock.

The receptionist gives me a nasty look and a little good morning,I just gave her a smile back l don't want to waste my energy trying to mentally fight with her l have had to deal with this almost every day for the last two years .l step out of the front doors of the building and make my way to school.

I eventually make it to school and walk through to the busy hallway trying to make it to my first class of the day which is English honors.
~