{Chapter 2}

POV/Dawson Whitlock

"I can't keep letting you lose my buildings to this NEW KID!!, your fired"

I can't believe this is the fifth time where l have had to fire an associate because they couldn't do there dam job.Thank god it's thursday,just one more day until I'll be back home.

This week has been stressful with Gray getting in trouble with the police for the second time this month and now the media is following him everywhere,on top of that l have to start training Wilson to take over.These boys are going to kill me before l retire

"Boss we got some information on E.V"

"Come in Finch"

E.V is the person we are supposedly gambling off our properties too , I've been searching into the person to see if we can get a one on one and gamble our properties back.

"Well"

"After a while of digging into it the only thing we could find was an address that looks like it could be there residence"

" are you sure about that they have a lot of things under her name and it could be dangerous if we just showed up is there anything else besides that"

"Um no that's as far as we have"

"You can go now Finch"l say rubbing my temple frustrated.

"Yes sir"

"Oh and give the resignation form to Richard"

"Yes sir"

POV/Evanna Whitlock

My first two classes went by as boring as always and now I'm in my third class of the day listening to music trying to drown out my teachers words as she speaks to the class about the physics midterms that's coming up.l look up at the clock and see that it's almost  time for lunch.

l hear a notification coming from my phone and its my brother Wilson telling me that he's going to visit today after l let out of school ,l sigh and reply back with a short ok.Me and my brothers get a long fine when we're together but l always second guess that opinion because they always act as if they don't know me when there's other people around like our parents or anyone at all.l put my phone back in my pocket and go back to ignoring my teachers words.
......
A few minutes pass by and the teacher starts to dismiss the class and l start packing my bag trying to leave as fast as l can.

I hear heels stomping on the ground before I rush out of the classroom.l don't personally have a problem with these girls but l generally don't like how they downgrade people because,they just piss me off.

I walking through the hallway trying to get to the cafeteria before the line gets way to long.I suddenly then fell my phone start to ring in my pocket and l pull it out to see it's my assistant Lora ,l walk into a  empty hallway and answer the call.

"Yes"

"Evanna we got some news about the people that were investigating you they found the address of the estate near the beach in California"

"It's fine don't worry about it l haven't been there since last summer when l was throwing a party also we have nothing to worry about,my father has to learn about the company at some point" it's going to take a while anyways my fathers associates aren't the best around.

"Alright if you say so,oh and Evanna don't skip lunch again you need to remember to live beside work all right"

" Yes l will now l have to go bye Lora " l hang up the phone and make my way to the cafeteria.

I make it to the cafeteria and get my lunch.l walk straight to my table at the corner of the room,it's my usual spot l still haven't made any friends even though i've been here for over a year now but lm pretty sure it's sort of my fault saying as I distant myself from everyone.I sit down in my chair and start eating.Today l got a chicken wrap from lunch along with some chocolate milk, hey I love chocolate milk. After I finish my chicken wrap l grab my laptop forme my bag and start replying to some boring emails about troubles in some of my buildings.

I'm brought out of my work bubble when l hear someone clearing there throat from behind me,l turn around in surprise noticing that someone was actually trying to get my attention.When l recognize who it is though l immediately turn back around towards my laptop. It's that super popular playboy guy that you can find anywhere, I can't even remember his name if I'm being honest l blocked it out after I heard it so many times around halls.

"hello my name is Chase but l guess you know that already" oh I guess my message wasn't clear.

I turn back towards him and see him there trying to somewhat give me a flirty look,l mean he has good looks but not good game.

"l heard that your super smart and l also heard that you can help me with some work that l don't understand" he says siting down next to me.

last year l tutored people because I wanted to make more friends , but that didn't work out so well.Instead of getting friends I became the schools homework dump.I stopped doing that this year and everyone got the message looks like he thought he could get through.

"If your suggesting that I do all your homework it's not gonna happen"l say and go back to working on my laptop.

"please it's not like you have anything else to do,and who wouldn't want ti do something for me consider yourself lucky" Goodness he is starting to sound like Gray.

"and please explain why would I consider myself lucky "l say,not looking up from my work.

"Oh come on l bet we can negotiate on something" he says leaning in a whispering in my ear trying to sound off as seductive. l scoot away from him and close my laptop.Does he really think that I'll fall for that.

I put my laptop in my bag and turn my body to face his l give him a long look and now look It's my turn to lean into his ear this time as l do he takes in a sharp breath.

"How about this offer you leve me the fuck alone and try to find someone else that will think that doing your homework will be considered lucky " l whisper into his ear and pull back taking my bag.l stand up making my way out of the cafeteria,when l glance back at him still looking at me angrily.

No one in the cafeteria even noticed the whole scene,no one actually cares l exist,but at the end of the day I'm the one with the real power.

~