{Chapter 14}

POV/Evanna Whitlock

It's already been exactly 12 days since I got back to New York I didn't fly over to California this weekend, which was weird considering I have never had the whole weekend to myself.It was nice to be honest I didn't feel lonely though,since I'm always lonely so it didn't feel any different.

Right now it's 5:00pm on a Friday and I'm sitting in my Office looking out the window.I've always loved New York until I realized that l was only seeing it from my luxurious view,ever since that day when my family came to visit and forgot about me leaving me in the middle of a park, I never saw the city the same anymore.I mean I still have a love for it since it's the place l grew up in.

Snapping out of my thoughts l spin my chair around to face my desk once again. My family has been calling me nonstop asking about how the new apartment is coming along. Since they didn't want to come here themselves they put me on top of making sure the apartment is ready for when they come.I left it up to one of my workers though, I feel bad about it since my parents asked me to do it but I am way too busy to do it myself.

Well I should go down to the apartment to check it out and make a plan on how I'm going to maneuver around my family and sneak out to manage my company. I should do that now since I have time and since my family is arriving here in less than 48 hours.

Letting out a long sigh l stand up from my comfy office chair and walk over to the tall black double doors that lead out of my office. Walking down the empty halls I enter my private elevator to go down to my yet again private parking lot.The whole building is pretty much mine so I made it the it as easy as possible for me to move around the building unnoticed.

Stepping out of the elevator l enter the parking lot, it's pretty much empty since I mostly have my car collection in my house in Los Vegas. There's only four cars tucked away here in case l need one or if l just don't feel like walking. I don't have a personal driver here in New York only because I insisted on not getting one since theirs really no point in waiting in traffic for hours.

Looking at the selection of the few cars l have my eyes drift to the back exit that leads to a secret passage way out of the building.l usually take it since everywhere l go is pretty much next to each other but the apartment is about a good five miles.

Yep taking the car.

I garb the keys for my black Range Rover and hop into the car. Once I get into the car I turn on the heater since winter just began and it's freezing outside. I drive out of the parking lot and make my way towards my family's temporary home.

()

I swipe the key card on the door and open it as soon as l hear the ping.Walking in through the entrance I am immediately blinded by a beam of light hitting my eyes. I quickly cover my eyes after feeling my eyes start to burn.Slowly taking my hand away from my face I blink rapidly trying to adjust to the lighting.

Looking around the house I notice the hundreds of windows that are covering the walls which is letting all the light in. Who thought that it would be good idea to put this many windows without any curtains?

I start walking around, the house looks cozy despite having a modern built.

I look at every room,closet,bathroom,and note every exit down.After about a good 40 minutes I've been through the whole house. Looking at the notes I've made on all the weak points of the house I start making a plan how I'm going to sneak around here.

()

After a very long 30 minutes I finally finish, though l'll have to make special adjustments considering this building is not as old as the one I am living in now. I have to fix some things with the knowledge l have on elevator operations because the elevators have an automatic alert so I'll have to hack into the elevator sensors.

Surprisingly I did it all on my phone.Though I don't have any more storage I got it done.

It's a lot of work lm doing to keep this a secret considering I generally don't care if they figure out l my own business,but I guess deep down I'm not really ready for them to find out.

()

I walk back to the front of the penthouse,this time really taking a look at the house.

(A/N)Had a really hard time trying to describe this so I'm just gonna put pictures here)

(A/N)Imagine whatever you would like but this is pretty much what I would put except with a lot more windows)

It's nice for a penthouse but I would've expected my parents to something more luxurious for the design they always do that but I guess not this time.

I'm right in front of the door when my phone starts ring,without a second thought l answer.

"Hello?"

' where are you I haven't seen you in an hour,30 minutes is OK but an hour where are you'

"sorry aunt" l reply as l start to open the door and make my way out of the building.

' it's fine just be here in about 15 minutes I can't just move these boxes by myself also you need to pick out a few clothes to stay with you for the next few days since you won't be moving in just yet'

"All right I'll be there don't worry"

'Bye sweetheart'

"Bye aunt" I say and hang up the phone.

By now I'm already getting in my car ,it was pretty easy to get out of the building because there was no one here.That's actually why my parents picked this place because a lot of people didn't live here before my parents about the building.

Word count-1060