15

(Chapter 15)Surprise?

(Chapter 15)
Surprise?

~*~
Author POV

They watched in awe as the man before them danced. In a world of black, white and grey he was in colour. A lone star in a black sky that shone bright. The viewer looking up in awe at its beauty.

They watched as he twisted his body, completely immersed within the song, eyes closed as he completed complex move after complex move. Taking their breaths away every time. It was like he was the spotlight, outshining everything else in the room, everything fading to black in the background.

"Beautiful" that one word broke Jimin out of his reverie. The song had ended leaving the room in silence, the single word echoing.

Turning he saw the last people he would ever expect. Jimin felt his jaw drop, mouth open in disbelief. This had to be some delirious dream. Could you get high on happiness from dancing causing delirious images to appear before you? Jimin was pondering it as a theory... it was a very unlikely one, but he wanted it to be true.

"You're dance was very good" Hobi broke the silence.

"Thanks" damn they were real. Jimin scratched at the short hairs at the base of his skull in shy embarrassment.

Then silence filled the room again, a lone dancer standing alone facing the 6 men who held his colours and parts of his soul.

They were decorated in so many colours. Ones that Jimin was yet to learn the name of, despite Chou teaching him. Though Jimin had the photos on his phone that allowed him to see his soulmates in colour, in reality they were better in person.

"Hi, my name is Namjoon" Namjoon bowed to him.

Jimin already knew this, but soon after they all introduced themselves. Bowing in respect to him.

"Um, I'm Jimin" he replied.

Jin whispered his name, as if he were testing the sound of it on his tongue. The smile after he said the word with such admiration was enough for Jimin's heart to swell with warmth.

Taehyung and Jungkook looked like they could barely stand still. Probably wanting to run over and pull him into a hug. Jimin was glad they were resisting the urge, it might completely overwhelm him, well more than he already was.

"Do you want to talk?" Namjoon asked, his expression was hopeful. Jimin shrugged and gestured towards the platform at the back of the room, it was designed to be a sitting area for those coming to assess your dance.

They all sat down in a group. Jimin sat down with a seat between them, keeping his distance. Not quite comfortable with the situation yet. He desperately wanted to talk to Chou or Simeon, needing their comforting presence and words of advice.

"We're professional idols if you couldn't tell from the concert you went to" Namjoon spoke.

At the mention of the concert, Jimin watched as several emotions flickered across the members faces. Jin and Hobi looked upset, Hobi might have wiped away a tear, but Jimin couldn't tell he was too far away. Jungkook pouted looking alittle angry, Taehyung looked lost. And Yoongi stared at him as if he was assessing Jimin reaction. Namjoon grimaced at everyone's reaction.

"What do you do?" Hoseok asked.

"Uni student, I'm studying art and dance" Jimin replied.

"You're album cover was amazing. Yoongi wanted to replace it with the one you drew" Jin stated with a smile.

Yoongi's eyes left Jimin for the first time, only to glare at Jin. Jimin couldn't help but let out a near silent laugh, he looked like a disgruntled cat. Jin waved it off, probably used to it. They had been living as group for a long time.

Yoongi may have been intimidating to Jimin, but the other who had known him longer could tell his eyes softened as he looked over to a giggling Jimin. The corner of his lips quirking up in a brief smile.

"How long have you been dancing?" Hoseok asked.

"Um, since I can remember. I did it for fun in the beginning, but then I got asked to compete in a team. I'm actually on a scholarship for dance at my Uni. That's why I got invited to learn here" Jimin explained.

The others noticed that Jimin relaxed more as he talked about dancing, a clear hobby and passion of his. Hobi picked up on this, asking question after question revolving around dance. Jimin had by this point lent forward, his hands supporting him on the spare chair between him and the group.

It made them excited to see their soulmate becoming more at ease in their presence. Plus he was very handsome and endearing as he spoke so passionately about his hobby.

But eventually silence filled the room again. Then almost silently the soulmate muttered the word.

"Sorry"

"Why are you sorry?" Jin asked, he was the closest to Jimin so he heard the word.

"I'm sorry I ran away, that day at the concert" and when Jimin looked up he had tears welling up in his eyes, his dark brown eyes.

"Then why did you run?" Jungkook inquired, head tilting to oneside as he regarded Jimin.

"I was scared" Jimin confessed.

"Come on the only scary one here is Yoongi" Jin made a joke to try and encourage a laugh out of Jimin.

Yoongi merely sent him a glare " see point proven" Jin shuddered alittle. Those narrowed cat like eyes not leaving him.

"I suppose" Jimin looked at Yoongi thoughtfully. But then he decided " but Yoongi-hyung isn't that scary though"

"You haven't seen him in the morning before he has his coffee" Taehyung responded.

"It's like he is on a war path to the coffee maker" Jungkook added.

Jimin let a small laugh at the image his mind created.

"Hobi-hyung is a scary dance teacher as well" Namjoon added.

"Am I?" Hoseok looked alittle shocked.

Everyone nodded, some more enthusiastically than others. Point proven, Hoseok slumped back in his chair.

"See we aren't that scary, are we?" Namjoon turned back to Jimin with a smile.

"No, you're not" his voice was soft as he replied. "Not at all"

~*~

So we finally got their first proper meeting, like with talking.

Did you like it?

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter