20

(Chapter 20)Purple

(Chapter 20)
Purple

~*~
Author POV

Purple was a intense colour, it had depth to it and seemed to hold a deeper meaning. Jimin heard it used to be worn by kings and queens of old to be shown as a symbol of wealth and power since it was the hardest colour to dye a material in those days.

Now Jimin had the pleasure of seeing this royal colour. He admitted he liked it alot and was very thankful that Taehyung had decided to hug him yesterday. He wouldn't have had the delight of experiencing the world in another shade of its vibrant colours.

His date with his soulmates had gone well and Jimin was relieved. He begun to realise how easy it must have been for his parents to fall in love with one another if this is how he felt already after only one date.

How much harder was it falling out of love he wondered. Jimin didn't know the internal feeling but he had experienced the outward actions and knew them all to well.

The crying, screaming. The perceived experience of having your soul torn apart from the very core of your body. He had seen how it had driven his parents nearly to the point of madness with its curse.

Had seen how they became less and less of the people he knew and loved and began more like empty shadows of the happy life they used to live before it all fell apart.

He had watched as they yearned for one another, their souls not comprehending why they had parted from one another, how they asked about their significant other every time he returned from staying over. But then became distant after they heard.

The first few times Jimin had tried to get them together, a childish hope that they still held love for each other in their hearts. But being utterly crush every time as they seemed to break down even further when in eachothers presence.

Then the shouting would begin and the arguments would start anew. And Jimin would be sat on the sidelines, a bystander and victim of a tragic love that had felt apart before he had even had a chance to comprehend it.

As a result Jimin had pushed away anyone who tried to care for him or even show the slightest bit of love towards him. Shutting the idea down before he could get attached.

But then there was Chou. Stubborn, loyal Chou. He had pushed his way into Jimin's life before the younger had a chance to shut him down. Had stepped up into an older sibling role, he became both an old sister and brother. He taught Jimin about the world, filling in the many blanks Jimin's parents hadn't cared to fill in.

He had been there for Jimin from the beginning of University, where the wide eyes sceptical young adult had begun. Jimin would be forever thankful to his best friend.