21

(Chapter 21)Yellow

(Chapter 21)
Yellow

~*~
Author POV

Jimin had decided on some simple dungarees, they had a small animal embroidered on the pocket at the front. A simple long sleeve shirt, with horizontal stripes underneath. He added some Doc Martin's on the bottom, they had flowers painted on the sides, Jimin's own handy work. He felt good about his outfit and it felt like the only thing that was keeping him together in anticipation of his date.

A message goes off on his phone, Jimin knew their date was to a travelling carnival set up in a park. He had researched it rather thoroughly. He had packed alittle money that he had saved up to buy himself something nice on his trip. He might try and find something for Chou and Simeon while he was there.

Soon his phone lights up with another message, it was Chou wishing him luck on his date. His outfit had been Chou approved, via alot of heart eyed emojis. He shot back a quick thank you message with a cross fingered emoji.

Another message flooded into his phone, it was Namjoon informing him that they had arrived and where waiting for him in a car downstairs. He took a shaky breath, ran his hands through his neatly styled hair, he looked good and this date would be good as well.

He left the apartment, throwing a hoodie that complimented his outfit over the top. Tucking his phone into the front pocket, he made his way out of the building and out to the black car waiting outside.

"Hi" Jungkook greeted him as the door was opened to let him in.

"Hi" he greeted them all, taking the seat that had been left for him, it was beside him the younger man practically vibrating in excitement.

Jimin allows him to take his hand in the larger one. Cradling it like he was precious, fingers interlinked in a woven pattern.

"Nice hat" Jimin remarked.

"Got to make sure we aren't recognised" Taehyung responded, tipping his cap forward. With the mask covering half of his face, if one didn't know better he would be unrecognisable. His indentifyable features hidden behind cloth.

~*~

They make it to the carnival around an hour later, the closer they had gotten, the busier the roads had gotten. Clearly the carnival was a popular place to be on the warm sunny day.

They got out of the car, Jin having driven. They didn't bring their bodyguards along, afraid one might snitch to the managers about them being on a date instead of having a 'proper' rest day.

The moved in a group, subconsciously pushing Jimin into the middle as they walked. Jimin noted the contrast in the way they walked and moved as they tried to keep their faces hidden. Some of the group were more confident, walking with their head's held high. Others walked with their eyes on their feet, avoiding eye contact with anyone around them.

"So where too first?" Jin inquired. He pulled out the map the staff member had given them as they paid to enter the park.

The all leant around the map, till they came up with a solid plan of where there first stop would be and where they would head after that.

They had decided to head to the claw games and prize winning area. Taehyung was holding his hand, swinging it backwards and forwards as they walked like an excited child.

They arrived at the prize section, there were several claw games and stalls lined out, not many people were here, there were some rides across the park that seemed to have most people's attention. There were a few couples standing around, their significant others pointing out cute prizes to be won.

"Can we try that one?" Jimin ran up to the claw game, his eyes practically shining at the small stuffed dragons from one of his favourite animes.

They nodded enthusiastically, they each took a turn without luck. But on Jimin's third turn he was able to grab a small red dragon, the spikes along the spine of the dragon were still grey an unidentified colour Jimin couldn't yet see.

They trailed around the park together, winning as many stuffed toys as possible, Jimin was having such a good time he had even thought how he would be able to get all of them home, never mind in his cases when he travelled back to Korea.

He rushed about with the enthusiasm of a child high on a sugar rush. Unable to take everything in, there was too much to see, to do, even if he knew it would be better to see it in every colour the world had to offer.

They even had time to ride the rollercoaster type rides, though Hoseok seemed absolutely terrified afterwards. His face a pasty colour and like he could throw up at any point.

They shared a meal together, happily sharing their food, Jimin even leaving forward to take a piece of a wrap from Namjoon's fingers.

Over all Jimin was having the most fun he had had in a while. The smile on his face never having a chance to disappear, he would be lying if he said he didn't fall in love with his soulmates alittle on their date.

They stayed to watch the sunset, Jungkook not thinking as he moved, he had seen a romantic film where the couple had ended the film holding hands looking into the sunset.

His hand slipped into Jimin's as they watched, Jimin gasped as the sky began to change the grey substituting to allow him to see the colour yellow. Jungkook's eyes were wide and glossy as he for the first time in the 19 years of his life was able to see the world in all of its colours.

A few stray tears fell down his cheeks as Jimin wiped them away. He wanted to ask what colour his touched allowed Jimin too see, he evidently conveyed that with his eyes.

"The sun is a beautiful yellow isn't it" Jimin smiled at him.

"Yeah it is" he looked only at Jimin as he replied.

~*~

I hope you liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter