16

(Chapter 16)Our world

(Chapter 16)
Our world

~*~
Author POV

Jimin rubs at his wrist, it was devoid of colours and names. But as soon as he touched the skin of his soulmates his world would come into colour. Much like his soulmates currently were from their initial eye contact.

What would it look like to see the whole world in the stark colours that his soulmates were painted in?

Would it be as beautiful, as enchanting as Jimin had found it to be, he hopes it will be. To have their names glittering gold on his wrist. He had seen the colour on one of Jungkook's jackets for a stage performance. Deeming it a fascinating colour.

But having to find out the names of colours from his soulmate's looks and clothing items was tedious and Jimin was sure Chou and Simeon were more interested in him finding his own soulmates to discover the delight of colours with rather than having to answer his every question.

They were all here, all he had to do was reach out, take their hands. That's all it would take for his whole perception of the world to change. To see how all the soulmated people saw. To be counted as one of the lucky ones.

He could have all that, but something inside was holding him back. Some worry, that his life would end up like theirs. Jimin had seen what it was like on both ends.

Seen the way Chou and Simeon embraced eachother tenderly after every reunion. How they looked at eachother with pure love pouring out of their eyes, something unable to be contained. How they had planned out their future together, had everything sorted because they had eachother and that is all they needed.

But he had seen the other side too. How much the bond could hurt. How people seemingly perfect for one another could fall apart. He couldn't think of that. He wanted a Chou and Simeon relationship, not theirs. Never theirs.

His breathing picked up, a voice was calling to him. A hand reaching out to him, he flinched back. Barely recognising the pain of falling off his chair, hands slamming into the floor, sending a jolt up his wrists into his shoulders.

"Jimin" the voice was commanding, drew his attention immediately. And when his eyes finally focused he saw Yoongi's eyes. They were close, about an arms width away. He was crouched down so Jimin could see him clearly. He was close enough that Jimin could reach out to him, but far enough away to feel safe.

"Are you ok?" Hoseok looked concerned at him.

"Yeah" he was ashamed to say his voice shook.

Looking up at these men. These very successful men. He was filled with a mixture of very contradicting feelings. Both positive and negative in their outcomes.

On one hand he was delighted to see them, see them showing care. The worry in their voices when they spoke to him. Their calm countenance and soothing words that made the nerves in his chest melt to goo.

But then there was the anxiety. The am I really good enough for them. The will they leave me like they left eachother. Like his par- no they wouldn't. They wouldn't. These men, his soulmates were good people, they were nothing like them. Nothing like them at all, at least that's what Jimin hoped. He had a feeling deep down, set deeply, engraved into his very soul that yes, he could trust these men.

They seemed to want to reach out for him, help him to his feet. Jimin was thankful that they didn't reach out like they clearly wanted to. He got his legs underneath him.

"Sorry, I'm pretty clumsy. I'm always falling off chairs" it was the the truth, but not the truth of the situation. Jimin could tell he hadn't sold his weak point to them, but they made no comment on it.

"Could you teach us something" Jin's voice echoed out.

Jimin's eyes snapped to look at the eldest in the room.

"Teach you?" Jimin inquired, face full of curiosity.

"Yes, you danced so beautifully before. Perhaps you can help us with choreographing our new dance routine. Or help us practice for the concert tonight" Jin proposed.

Jimin flushed alittle at the praise, but the thought of dancing with a professional group excited him. He found himself nodding eagerly. That brought bright smiles to the group.

They stepped off the stage, each of them going to warm up, as to not pull muscles or damage their bodies. Jimin did some light stretching as he was still warmed up from dancing earlier. It didn't take him long to warm up, so he allowed his eyes to cast over to the group.

They seemed to move in a special type of synchrony. Perfectly intune with one another. Jimin supposed it was from living together so long and probably from all the synchronised dances they had to perform. But it was fascinating to watch as they unintentionally mirrored one another.

Jimin was fascinated in their colour choices as well, he couldn't name them all yet but they worked well together. He supposed they must have people who could see colour on their staff who helped them colour code their clothing as they could not see the colour for themselves.

Most of them were wearing loose baggy joggers or shorts with t-shirt loose enough to move around easily. Their shoes were comfortable trainers worn down alittle by use.

"You ready?" Hoseok asked.

"He's about to go scary teacher mode" Taehyung false whispered.

Jimin snickered at Taehyung dramatic facial expression as he said the words. Hoseok turned and shot an unamused look at Taehyung, but it disappeared when he saw a laughing Jimin.

They had chosen the song DNA as it was the primary song they were performing that night. It was easy to accommodate a 7th person into the routine they found.

It was like Jimin was supposed to be their and that was a comforting feeling for them all.

~*~

This is update 1 out of the 3 uploaded in the mass update.

Anyway I hope you liked it.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter