*The knight bus*

July 16th, 1993

Iris and Harry had only made it to Magnolia cresent until their trunks got too heavy for them to carry. Iris had already forgotten that she could do magic, and sat down on the dub with Harry. It was dark, and the playground was abandoned, which was no surprise since the playground was sort of sketchy. Iris decided she'd call the night bus, and take them to the leaky cauldron. She raises her wand, calling for the bus.  She was very concentrated on the process, she didn't realize Harry was on the ground, pale. "What's up Harry?" She asked. He pointed towards the bushes across the street, but her view was blocked when a double-decker purple bus stopped. Harry looked confused and frightened, but Iris just smiled happily. "Welcome to the knight bus, emergency transportation for a stranded witch or wizard, just stick your wand arm out, and tell us where you want to go. My name's Stan Shunpike, and I'll be-" He stopped when he noticed harry on the ground. 

Harry quickly popped himself onto his feet and tried to look normal. Iris sniggered when she saw he ripped his jeans, he glared at her. His scar was slightly visible from beneath his hair, so Iris reached over and fixed it for him. "Why were you on the floor?" Stan asked, dropping his professional manners. "Fell over," Harry replied annoyed. "Choo fall over for?" Stan asked. Harry looked like he was about to explain something, but shook his head dismissing it. "What'ch your names?" Stan asked. Iris replied first hoping Harry would get the memo. "Penelope Clearwater," She felt ashamed that that was the first name that came up. Harry took no time after he. "Neville Longbottom." They got their trunks on board, and Iris told him where they wanted to go, she then rested herself on the bed and fell asleep. After years of taking the bus, she was already used to the nauseating transportation. 

20 minutes passed, and Harry shook Iris awake. She got off the bus groggily but tripped on the last step when Harry pulled her off. He seemed to be in a rush to leave. "Thank you stan," Iris said waving goodbye with a yawn. "You too ern." Harry gave them both a fake smile and led them too to the Leaky Cauldron, but to his dismay, the minister of magic was there. Iris tried her best to stay up, but her nap was rather deep so now she was having trouble staying awake. The minister eyed Iris warily, he wasn't used to greetings like these. Once iris had her eyes fully open, she was in the inn, and Harry was being taken away by the minister. "Ms. Dursley, please let Tom accompany you to your room, I need to have a little chat with Mr. Potter." Iris looked at him a little hesitant. After switching her look to try who gave her an encouraging nod, she let the landlord lead her to her room. "Have you eaten? I have food down there if you want." Iris felt her stomach groan, she hadn't eaten properly all week. "Yes please, I'll just get changed and then I'll be down in a bit." Tom nodded welcomingly and left the girl to her room.

10 minutes later, Iris walked slowly down, examining a heavy Hogwarts letter in her hand. She found it on her bedside table but hadn't opened it yet. She looked at it as a bomb about to go off, and her worst fears flooded her brain. It could be the head-girl badge, and while it would be nice to have authority over some people, she would be breaking a promise kept by Mika a long time ago. Iris was having chicken pot pie, its delicious aroma flooding her nose. She decided to eat first, maybe she'd have the energy to actually think of other possibilities. Even after she finished her food, she looked at the letter with cation. Tom looked at her funny, he just saw a young girl sitting at a table alone staring at the envelope in front of her as if they were having a staring contest. Yet he left her with her staring.

Harry had come down with the minister, he was about to leave. "It was nice meeting you, Harry." He said. He noticed the blond girl looking at the envelope that obviously had the badge inside. "Congratulations Ms. Dursley, I feel like you deserve it." he smiled and left the pub, Iris looking after him wanting to know more. "What'chu doing Ris?" Harry asked engulfing his food set by Tom. Iris continued to stare at it, weighing the possibilities. Maybe she got expelled, or maybe they were giving her a new captain badge. Maybe this year's school supplies were big. Oh or maybe they sent it by accident. Iris then got an idea. "Harry, can you open it for me?" Harry's mouth was full, and he was quite confused his cousin couldn't do such a simple thing herself. "Wut? Why can't you do it. M'eating" he said, but Iris continued to plead. "Just do it, Harry." The boy sighed, glaring at her for interrupting his delicious meal. He noticed the letter felt heavier than their annual school supply list, and wondered what was inside. 

He tore it open and pulled out a shiny head girl badge with the Hogwarts crest in it. Harry examined it in awe, but iris thought she was about to puke. her jaw was hanging, and then she banged her head on the table making the pub go quiet. "Noooo," iris groaned silently. Harry didn't understand her over-reaction, as far as he had heard from Ron, Percy would do anything for this badge. He poked her head, just to make sure she wouldn't bite. "What's the matter iris, this is good! It means you're like the best girl in the school!" iris looked at him astonished. "No! It's not good, it's all very bad! I swear I'm going to kill Dumbledore!" Harry raised his eyebrow. "How's it bad? Won't you be with Percy all the time?" The mention of his name made Iris re-think her thoughts. "yeah, but" iris whined. Harry kept quiet, still confused. The girl sighed once more. "Mika and I made a deal. If one of us ever got prefect or head girl, we'd have to do something." The side of her head was on the table, and she looked up to Harry. 

"Do what?" The boy asked. iris winced. She sighed once more. "I have to find Filch a girlfriend." She said. Harry burst out laughing immediately, gaining attention. iris glared at him, knowing this would happen. He rolled off the chair, rolling on the floor, while Iris took his food and ate it.