*RIch topic*

The car ride was silent. Vernon sat beside his wife, while Dudley and his gust sat beside them. Across, sat Iris and Percy, a good distance between them. A limo was sent to pick them up, Harry was locked up in his room, which Percy also found terrifying. He and iris only said a couple of words to each other, but it was all formal. Percy nearly gasped at the size of the house, it was obviously very costly. He was in awe of all the architecture, but he stopped when iris grabbed his upper arm to lead him to the house. Both of them felt familiar butterflies when they touched, making Iris drop her grip. They were led to a grand foyer, and finally, the two elderly people came and greeted them. "Vernon! Petunia! You made it." The four exchanged light kisses and pats on the back, Iris resisting the urge to run out. "Has marge arrived yet?" Vernon asked. "Oh yes, she's just in the living room." Mrs. Dursley answered. The woman was neither short nor tall. She wore a light grey blazer with a matching pencil skirt. Her hair was in perfect curls, and she had a stern face, It reminded Percy of Professor McGonagall. "We're so happy you could make it, oh and the children as well!" Mr. Dursley greatly resembled Vernon. He was very unlike his wife, and you could tell he means business. Vernon introduced them. "Yes this is Auriga, she's the same age as Dudders. And this is Percy Weasley, he works for the government." 

Percy noticed the term and tried to remember Iris's queue cards. "Do you now?" The old man asked interested. Percy made a small glance at Iris, before responding. "Yes sir, I work as an administrative assistant." Iris took deep breaths to calm herself down. "Which department?" He asked with an intimidating look. "Er, Immigration and Citizenship sir," Iris quietly sighed relief. The man was not impressed, in his eyes, 18-year-olds should be working at a higher level, not an assistant. He grunted, "Well, it's not so important but it's decent." Iris interfered. "Grandfather, he's only 18!" He gave her a disgusted look. "It's no good, yet! At least the Dursley name will not be tarnished, you have at least a small weight to hold you down. Marge told us you were going to be working at a club! I'm glad that's not going to happen! How disgraceful it would be!" Petunia was shooting warning looks at her daughter, who looked like she was about to explode. She bit her tongue, trying to not talk back. Mr. Dursley led them to the living room, Percy heard Iris mutter quietly. "Marge is no better than a stripper." 

He could tell she was obviously frustrated, by pretended not to hear it. In the living room, he found a similarly large woman sitting drinking a glass of brandy. How drunken she looked, and Percy wondered how they could think that lump was better than Iris. The two took a seat on one side of the sofa, a man coming to pour them drinks. Percy politely asked for some wine, Iris ordering whiskey. Percy looked at her warily, knowing Iris and alcohol did not go together. "How's business, Vernon?" The two men started talking about work, including Percy and sometimes Dudley too. Percy kept quiet, he wasn't really invited to join the conversation. Iris, on the other hand, was forced to chat with the older women. They were talking about boring things, Percy listened when they started criticizing Iris. "Girl where did you get those earrings?" Mrs. Dursley asked. Iris stuttered. "From a friend." She said, oddly quiet. "Speak clearly girl!" The old woman insisted. iris closed her eyes for a second, breathing and saying it again, fixing her posture as she did. "From a friend, grandmother."

She inspected the jewelry from a distance, trying to see what they were made of. "What's the material?" She demanded. "Silver," Iris piped out. Mrs. Dursley scoffed, making Marge laugh. "Silver?! No wonder they looked so tarnished. Anyone who can stand can tell they are dense dear. No one would go for you, wear platinum. It's so obvious." She started going into deep conversation, Iris staring blankly at them. Percy took a look at her earrings and saw nothing wrong. He looked at her face and could tell she felt neglected as the woman started talking about Dudley. The topic was much richer and impressed. Mustering up some courage, he said politely, "You look nice," Iris was taken aback by his comment but offered him a small smile. For the first time that day, they had eye contact, and a part of both of them yearned for each other. Iris was the first to break it when a small dining bell rang. "Ah, time for dinner!"

They were led to the dining table, which was long and covered with a fancy white cloth. Iris couldn't care less and slumped in her seat. "Sit up girl!" Mr. Dursley barked, making her snap like a stick. They were served dinner, and polite conversation started. Iris took a fairly small amount, making Percy somewhat worried about her health. "Girl you're eating too much! You will get fat! Nobody wants to marry a fat girl." Percy was outraged. Iris was far too skinny, how could they say she was eating too much! She looked starving! And who cared if a woman was fat? Percy could still love Iris no matter her size, that is when he used to love Iris. Percy felt like it was common sense to not love her anymore, but the feeling doesn't just go away. Iris nearly glared, but instead, she ate everything on her plate. "Disgusting!" The woman cried. Iris narrowed her eyes, glaring at Dudley who was eating half the food on the table, but not receiving any criticism.

"So, Iris, what are you're plans for the future?" Mr. Dursley asked during dessert. The night was going fairly smooth, Percy said everything he needed to say, bringing some of the pressure off Iris. "I'm going to be a professor." She announced. No one looked impressed, but in the wizarding world, she'd be getting a different reaction. Marge actually snorted. "Which school?" Mrs. Dursley inquired. Iris looked towards her parents, who were both staring intensely at their daughter. "Uh, I'm actually going to be teaching in uh Rome." It was the first country she could think of. This made Mr. Dursley's cock up his eyebrow. "I didn't know you spoke Italian," Iris gave him a fake smile as to not continue the conversation. "I don't like it," Mrs. Dursely said bluntly. Percy groaned in his head, they just couldn't stop criticizing her. 

"You should be settling down, not working. A man does that work, while the wife takes care of the house. Bring children into the family. No man wants to marry a woman of equal girl, get you're head together." It was incredibly stereotypical, and it made Percy describe the woman as a mid-evil-raised girl. "Quite correct, we should be hearing about a wedding quite soon, that is if you can find a suitor," He eyed her warily, making iris breath shallower and clenching her fist. "I might actually find some friends who have sons, very successful indeed. But of course, if you plan to marry this man, I won't be too disappointed." While the conversation was going, Iris closed her eyes, trying to think of happy memories. But nothing could calm her down. She used to be able to think about Percy and it would help, but after their fight, it just made Iris even angrier. 

Percy watched appalled by the behaviour of everyone. How disrespectful they all were, but he didn't say anything. Finally, Iris burst when her aunt said something about Harry. "There's nothing wrong with Harry!" Mrs. Dursley pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'd say you're spending too much time with that filth, it's turned you into an ugly woman.""Don't call him filth," She seethed, her voice dangerously low. "Don't talk to your grandmother like that girl! She is quite right!" iris was fighting her own battle, against two evil snakes. Percy was starting to understand Harry's words, this night was awful. 

___________________

woowee look at me! 2 in a row!