57.Gia

If I had three words to describe this movie it would be 'beautiful' 'painful' and   'depressing'

If I had three words to describe this movie it would be 'beautiful' 'painful' and   'depressing'. Before watching the film I was already gay for Angelina Jolie and after watching it I'm a sad gay who is ready to worship the floor Angelina Jolie walks on.

This is a biopic on the first supermodel, Gia Carangi, her story is one of tragedy, despite having a successful career her addiction to her drugs became her ultimate downfall in both her personal and professional life, eventually resulting in her death.

I kinda loved that the main focus of personality wasn't her queerness. It wasn't a story about a gay woman but a story of a woman who just happened to be gay. Her character was much more complex and Angelina Jolie was able to capture her essence.

Her relationship with her girlfriend Linda made me smile and made it made cry, very hard. It was very hard to watch her battle with herself to choose between her lover and her drug addiction. When she finally was able to fight her addiction it was already too late.

Though I would have definitely preferred if the editing was done a bit better and the background music would have been removed because it was kinda distracting, it was still one was best lesbian biopics ever made.

So if are planning to watch this film (which you definitely should), keep your tissues at hand and be ready to simp for Angelina Jolie.