82.A Date for Mad Mary

This film is advertised as a romcom but it's not, the story is much more complex than that, it's about an angry impulsive Irish girl who tries to find a date for her best friend's wedding

This film is advertised as a romcom but it's not, the story is much more complex than that, it's about an angry impulsive Irish girl who tries to find a date for her best friend's wedding. I thought this would be another low-budget indie film with poor acting but I was delighted by the natural performances.

The portrayal of Mary felt so raw and intimate, it makes you feel the things she's feeling. Throughout the story, she also realizes that she likes girls with the help of Jess. Now I loved Jess and the chemistry she had with Mary was insane but she definitely deserved better than her and thankfully she herself knew that and broke things off which I felt was earned.

More than the relationship, the film focuses on the friendship between Mary and Charlene My initial reaction was to blame the best friend for being a bad friend but after some introspection, I realized that Mary was equally to blame and honestly the ending scene where they hugged and realized their friendship has come to an end touched me deeply. 

Although the ending shows hope of reconciliation of Mary's and Jess's relationship, I still want Mary to go to therapy first cause damn does the girl have some deep-seated issues she needs to deal with.